account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Do we really need screen protector:? (Sony Xperia Z5 Premium)

Visitor
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Do we really need screen protector:? (Sony Xperia Z5 Premium)

I want to know why we have to apply screen protector in this device? It is also mentioned in specs that screen have scratch resistance. Anyone please help me to understand. I think screen protector also effect performance and sensitivity of touch screen.Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Do we really need screen protector:? (Sony Xperia Z5 Premium)

@Zubair87

You do, the screen its scratch resistant, not scratch proof, I've seen issues reported by users while using glass, but I use Xshield. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

It's always advisable. Especially if u would like to keep a decent reselling price. 

It also promises to keep ur screen from losing the battle with the pavement Winking Face

I have put a Glass Pro+ on both front and back. Sensitivity is not impaired.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Indeed, protect both panels

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I would like to try a different screen protector in the UK.

Can anyone in the UK recommend one that does not effect the screens sensitivity.

Thanks
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

All glass ones do not affect screen sensitivity.
Best thing to do is go on amazon.co.uk and read the reviews. They rarely lie Slightly smiling Face
Talent
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

If you have experience using other gorilla glass phones without protection and you never had a problem (like me).

Then you should be fine in the Z5/Z5P/Z5P without a screen protector. 

So far my Z5 Compact has no visible scratches. 

The screen type is not mentioned by Sony. But I think it's as good as any other gorilla glass screens. 

Adviser
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Because of it's glossy screen, my Z5P will receive a matte screen protector on front side. I've bought the phone used, one month old. The back side has already some fine scratches, so I'll mount a back protector, too. Last, because of the device feeling like a piece of wet soap (worse than Iphone 6 Plus), it gets a hard cover for better handling.

Adviser
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

It's just like an additional layer of security from getting scratches or even from a fall. Yes, Some will affect the touch sensitivity of the phone. That's why I covered with an insurance and included a full body screen protector from Gadgetshieldz. I never felt like they minimize my touch sensitivity. Have a look at them.

http://www.gadgetshieldz.com/sony-xperia-z5-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html

Even they offer full body protectors for Z5 premium too. 

Apprentice
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Can anybody tell me the best gorilla glass to fit Xperia z5 premium as all the ones i get never seem to fit properly usually fractionally too small