account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Do not use under water

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 121 of 130
Message 121 of 130

Re: Do not use under water

I tried it and it is working fine 😊😊
Enthusiast
Message 122 of 130
Message 122 of 130

My Z5 has been working great even under the water, just the Nougat battery drain issue that still pursue me(that's another thread, sorry). Anyways, a few days ago, I took some pictures in a friend's pool, then, after maybe an hour, the phone's screen went crazy. Sometimes there's a dead zone on the screen, unresponsive.  Other times, the screen just "touch itself"  like crazy. I tried reboot, cleaning cache and safe mode.

Message 123 of 130
Message 123 of 130

The advertise video and photo taking, or at least they used to. I´ve had xperia Z and now Z5 that i bought under that promise. My Z5 screen has just died due to pool submersion for no more than 5 seconds to take a picture. Right now i'm sending my phone to customer service because this can only mean there is a assambly or design problem on the phone.

Message 124 of 130
Message 124 of 130

This is what you say NOW, NOT when i bought the phone. WILL you be willing to risk to take that to court? YOU even changed this without consumer knowledge. I only learned about this change researching today, and it seems it will only apply to phones bought after you change your mind about the phonebeing really waterproof. SHAME ON YOU SONY

Emperor
Message 125 of 130
Message 125 of 130

@mundokreativo

This is a global user based forum, if you want to contact Sony directly >>> Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 126 of 130
Message 126 of 130

Hi there.  This is a real big issue.  As I have noted from the board, many people are unhappy with this product as being advertised as waterproof.  This is particularly insidious as when I purchased the Z5, it was an upgrade from a Z3 which was waterproof.  

Anyway Sony this is really bad form and you should speak with your marketing people about the false advertising.  

I would like a response on this please.  

Learner
Message 127 of 130
Message 127 of 130

I bought my z5 before you issued this advice and had no reason to visit your website. The reason I bought it was it was waterproof to 1.5m so I could take it dinghy sailing. I capsized yesterday and the phone now has water inside. Are you willing replace my phone for free, if not I'll refer it through DAS (free legal service through my work) and the small claims court in Scotland?

Message 128 of 130
Message 128 of 130

@craggan67

Contact your Local support regarding warranty and maintenance issues, this is an international user0based community thus we'll not be able to assist you with such topics.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 129 of 130
Message 129 of 130

I fuming about this. I purchased the phone on the basis of it being waterproof.  How can I complain direct to Sony. 

One time poster
Message 130 of 130
Message 130 of 130

Hi, i need help please. My Z5 compact fell into salt water for not even 3 seconds. The phone was rinsed with fresh water and remained on for some time, then switched off. It does come on, however i noticed the boot time has slowed down and it goes off before getting to home screen. Sometimes, it reaches home screen and I can make a call or play music, but then again it just shuts down on its own.....Does anyone know what the problem could be? I also noticed a bit of condensation in the rear camera after it fell in water.