account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Do not disturb mode previous feature missing

Commissioner
Message 1 of 51
Message 1 of 51

Do not disturb mode previous feature missing

Hi. I've noticed that there's no possibility to set "do not disturb mode" to end automatically on next alarm. This feature was available in 5.1.1, why did you remove it?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
50 REPLIES 50
Emperor
Message 2 of 51
Message 2 of 51

Re: Do not disturb mode previous feature missing

@mrnino

I'll check if its standard with Marshmallow 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 51
Message 3 of 51

That option is missing in 6.0 but Google brought it back in 6.0.1
Message 4 of 51
Message 4 of 51

I have checked on a Z2 with 5.1.1 and indeed you can enable exceptions in scheduled dnd and it will stay on until the next alarm. Haven't found the option on 6.0. Will also try to find out further information on this.

@Dominic81 Are you sure?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 51
Message 5 of 51

Message 6 of 51
Message 6 of 51

That's cool @mrnino

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 51
Message 7 of 51

cool will be if april's update is 6.0.1 with that feature back. have used it daily.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 51
Message 8 of 51

Before this update it was possible at 'do not disturb mode' to allow contacts to call you. For example, nobody can call me in the night, except my girlfriend. To make this happen before this update you had to make the person who allowed you to call 'favorite'. This worked great.

Now you can set by priorities (settings -> sounds and notifications -> do not disturb -> priorities -> calls) contact with a star are allowed to call you. I have marked my girlfriends in my phone with a star, but if she calls me there is no sound. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 51
Message 9 of 51

@Grooveman1

In do not disturb, you can select between total silence, alarms only and priority only. To get a ringtone when your girlfrind calls you select priority only by swiping down the notifications bar to access the quick settings and tap the Do not disturb option.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 51
Message 10 of 51

Under DON'T DISTURB there are a lot of options to get a fully controlled situation as to get back called when a caller is calling you again in 15 minutes