account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Disable notification badge counter for app icon

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Disable notification badge counter for app icon

After upgrade to Nougat 32.3.A.0.376 Facebook has fixed their API for notification badge counter which is now showing, this was not the case in my Marshmallow version which was great! Since I find it very stressful having to see the number of irrelevant Facebook notifications all the time. I want to turn it off, is there someway to disable this feature? For Samsung this can be done in the system app called badgeprovider, but I don't find this app for Sony. Is there an equivalent sys app for Sony or some other way to disable the badge counter for Facebook? I assume this disabling function should be provided by Sony and not Facebook? If so, please consider this for future upgrades Sony! Thanks :-)
1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Disable notification badge counter for app icon

Hi @elohim,

I'm afraid that if the application does not have a specific setting for this and it's compatible with the Xperia Home launcher the number will always be shown on application icon on your home screen(s).

You can always check in the Google Play store if there is another launcher that you can download that has a setting for this.

I can see how this can be a very useful setting to have so I will make sure to forward your thoughts  on this as user feedback and I thank you for posting about this.

You can also join the Xperia Home open beta program and leave feedback directly to them, they will be very happy about getting feedback on this application.

https://plus.google.com/communities/111315230279215633731

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.