account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Disable System icon in status bar from the stamina mode

One time poster
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Disable System icon in status bar from the stamina mode

Yes, I agree

One time poster
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Able to remove Stamina as a notification?

Hi All - 

I just recently made the switch from a Z1s to a Z5.

I'm a big fan of a non cluttered task bar. On my Z1s, I had it set so that when Stamina mode was on, it would show as a small + symbol attached to the battery indicator.

Messing around with my Z5, and it seems whenever Stamina is on, it shows up as a notification bar that you cannot clear away or otherwise dismiss. You can't block Stamina from sending notifications, either.

Is there a way to change this? Even if I cannot get the + indicator on the battery, having a permanant notification is personally irritating to me.

Side question, is using Stamina worth it on the Z5?

Genius
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

The newly introduced stamina mode is not and cannot be like it was in the past, it's not really Sony decision but it's a limit that it's introduced in android 6.0. Yep, the doze mode has few parameters that cannot be tweaked and if Sony will try to restore the old stamina mode it may break the android power management.

As a piece of personal advice, do not rely on stamina try instead to tweak the doze mode, it's very powerful.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
One time poster
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Sony you are such a disappointment... Please turn off all of your forced notifications, i personally will never buy another Sony, simply and spitefully due to the sole reason of these unnecessary and infuriating msgs.

One time poster
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Did anything happen on this topic? I also use Stamina Mode all the time and just would like to get rid of that permanent notification.
Adviser
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

This same problem bugs me also. I like to use stamina mode but thst icon on all the time bugs me, also I want to be able to have stamina mode on but be able to activate vibrate on keyboard too. All this was possible on lollipop. I wish there was a way I could have stayed on lollipop but you can't disable the update reminder so there was no choice but to update.
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Google require a notification for anything that runs in background. This is not a Sony fault but a Google Requirement.
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Hello,

I totally agree with the previous response. I used to have the Stamina mode activated all the time. I don't want to have this icon or to have to tweak the "normal mode".

Please take this post in consideration for the next version.

Best regards

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

@Stewarthuk wrote:
This same problem bugs me also. I like to use stamina mode but thst icon on all the time bugs me, also I want to be able to have stamina mode on but be able to activate vibrate on keyboard too. All this was possible on lollipop. I wish there was a way I could have stayed on lollipop but you can't disable the update reminder so there was no choice but to update.

I'm on 5.1. Even if it's frustrating, the only option that you can use to turn off the update reminder is to go to settings -> apps -> Software Update, and every time clear cache and clear data. And somehow befor that choose to not install updates automatically via wi-fi. And you will receive this message only on restart or very rarely.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Just hold the settings icon cog wheel until it spins then remove any statusbar icons you want I removed everything