account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Disable Cell broadcast notification sony xperia z5 compact

One time poster
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Disable Cell broadcast notification sony xperia z5 compact

hello, I have the same problem and is not by the company provider. With Android MM does not allow remove the notification. I would like a solution.
One time poster
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Same here. Annoying. 

Brazil

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Had the same problem since updating my Z5P to 6.0, and it's fairly simple to disable. Thought this method might break something, but have had MM installed for a few months now and have been doing this every time I have to reboot and there haven't been any issues.

1) Hold down on the notification until it turns grey, then press on the (i) in the corner.

2) When it goes into the options menu with the sliders, press the (i) in the bar above the sliders.

3) Click "Force Stop" and then OK.

Notification should go away and not come back until you reboot. I don't think this app does anything but show carrier info, as I've had no SMS/MMS, call, or other connection issues since starting to do this.

Slightly smiling Face

Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

I am adding my voice to this thread. Sony, please issue a fix.

This is a waste of notification 'space'.  I don't need a persistent notification of my cell provider.

I shouldn't have to resort to ADB to push a hide notification. 

Currently, I'm force stopping Cell information app everytime I reboot my phone.

Why is there no BLOCK ALL option for this app's notification settings?  Would be easiest to add/enable that.

Please Sony, this is an annoying mis-feature of your Z5 compact.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

this works for me!  

Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

I for one would like very much to know who at Sony thought this was a good idea.

Is it for people with alzheimer's who are simultaneously in an urgent need to know what carrier they use? Why? WHY?

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

@Bouncing wrote:

I for one would like very much to know who at Sony thought this was a good idea.

Is it for people with alzheimer's who are simultaneously in an urgent need to know what carrier they use? Why? WHY?

Install a generic firmware that doesn't have it.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Did Sony ever fix this? I've got an XZ1 Compact (european unlocked version) and I'm getting the same redundant message and am ONLY able to hide the useless and annoying notification for 2 hours... after which it reappears again.

One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

same here on xperia xz premium.. 500 euros for a software locked... just updated android 8... can't hide a notifications... cell info app still hide, i can't force stop, i can't hide. why?

One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

It has been two weeks I bought and started to use a Xperia XA1 Plus. I had heard and noticed that Sony's hardware is good, but I had no idea of how bad it's altered Android really is. I had had Sumsungs and left the brand due to what Sumsung does to Android. By the way, I already had Ericsson, Nokia, Apple, BlackBerry, Samsung, Google Nexus (made by Lg) and Motorola. Motorola, probably the best Android along with Google's own phones, but very bad hardware. Three models, three problems.

Let's go to what realy matters: I got it Winking Face(Android 8.0.0). Hard is to explain how, since it was a mix of trying hard, with anger. And I can't go back.

1) Hold down on the notification until it turns grey, and shows some information, I guess as by stopping notifications. Even I had done that before and unmarked what I could, I remember that from the two button, one wasn't available to unmark.

2) Then press many times, as to go for "developer's mode", either the first or the second options. I think was the second one, the one that isn't available to unmark and that you'll notice that is marked.

3) Then, "voilà", it will be "open" and available to unmark.

Notification, in my case went away and didn't came back even rebooting twice.

That my long effort and hours trying to fix that stupid thing, may help u all bodered by that stupid Sony's action, and also, no action to either take that from since a couple of years by now, or really help it's customers to fix what I was able to do, without any help from them.

Mobile market is very tough, open your eyes Sony.

Kind regards from Brazil and from a Brazilian with a English name,

John.