account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

DEAD Z5. I cannot turn on my new Xperia Z5. It is on a reboot loop that I can't stop.

Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

DEAD Z5. I cannot turn on my new Xperia Z5. It is on a reboot loop that I can't stop.

My new Xperia Z5 is on a constant reboot loop if it's plugged in to a charger or my laptop. I've already tried everything. I've tried pushing the "off" button underneath the sim card slot (I tried both ways including the 120 second method). I've tried plugging it into my laptop to use Sony Bridge to repair. Nothing works.

How do I perform a hard reset on the phone manually? I've tried to hold the power and VOL+ and this doens't work, it just keeps reboot looping. I see a red light and sometimes a blue light in the top left corner of the phone...what does this mean?

I'm not able to turn the phone on.

This just happened out of nowhere. The phone is 2 months new and I paid top dollar for it. I'm pissed off and have no phone.

I was really starting to believe in SONY as a leader in the smartphone market. However now, I've lost lots of confidence in them. I hope they can sort this out.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: DEAD Z5. I cannot turn on my new Xperia Z5. It is on a reboot loop that I can't stop.

@sj69

You should be able to turn off the phone by using the small power button beneath you SIM card flap. After managing to turn it off, you'll be able to restore it by following the software repair using PC Companion guide. If you can't turn it off at all then I'd recommend you pay a visit or call your Local support as soon as possible.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Re: DEAD Z5. I cannot turn on my new Xperia Z5. It is on a reboot loop that I can't stop.

I got an e-mail from Sony telling me to follow the Repair Procedures using Sony Bridge software.

I did the Repair procedure using Sony Bridge for Mac. After initialisation and choosing my device I continued to the part to connect your USB. I did the steps and when I plugged it back in holding the down volume key, Sony Bridge program on my computer shut down automatically…also my phone is vibrating in 3 vibration bursts, the screen no longer is turned on and the small light in the top left of the phone is alternating from green to red colors. It seems like the phone is stuck on a loop just like before but this time the screen is not turning on.

I tried the process again and I recieved an "Initialization Error" in the very first step to do the Repair.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

sony xperia z5 initialization error.jpg

Apprentice
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I tried to the repair steps again and got past the initialization error to only get another error message: "UE Error 300". See the image below for proof.

sony xperia z5 update error.jpg

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Have you been able to perform a software repair yet? If not, do you have any firewall/antivirus program installed on your Mac? If yes, could you try to disable it or make sure that Bridge for Mac is allowed. Do you have the possibility to try a software repair when you are connected to another network or perhaps a computer located in another network?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Did you fix this? I get reboot loop with latest marshmallow update but only when the sdcard is in, if remove it all is good. If I format the sd card all is well also but something is causing the reboot loop after some usage.
No idea what though......
Cheers
Nick
Rookie
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi all,

Out of the box Z5 in a constant reboot loop. Cannot even get the PC companion going as yet. Removed SD card and made not difference. Attempint top charge to 80% as per recommends, but the device was on 95% before the looping starting so don't even know if that charge value is correct. Changed SIM earlier to see if that would help.

Crash.JPG

Charge now 67% 

Just on Chat and was given a new Xperia Companion, like PC companion

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/

trying now

Have started adding details as a new install after the phone restarted 4 times before completing the set up. It is now in the process of updating all the apps that come loaded on Andriod plus a few more. Will let yo guys know if it is stable overnight.
Advised by chat support if this doesn't work send in to get fixed.

Restarted again but now want to update to lastest Lollipop  version as Marshmellow is not available in Australia yet.

Has continued to update apps and remebered finger print log on

Has rebooted 4 times in the last hour, but seems to have settled for the past 45, lost finger print unlock once all apps installed without input from myself. 

Had to force the phone off using power button and volume swtich, which took  2-3 attempts to get the phone off. Was on charge overnight and in 2 hours it has gone from 100 to 79% while being supposedly off. It was constantly rebooting so back to shop for warranty fix/replacement. As per recommend from support via chat.

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

are you sure cause on my sony z5 i pressed the small or holded the small power button and still a problem

Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

meh tried that did not work