account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Corrupt dates on SMS transferred from iphone using Xperia Transfer Mobile

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Corrupt dates on SMS transferred from iphone using Xperia Transfer Mobile

Hi

We transferred a whole load of text messages from my partners old iphone 5 to her new Z5 today, using a direct USB connection. The transfer completed but the dates on the transferred SMS messages are all corrupt. For example, 06-18-2109 or 03-18-2001 and even 08-14-150959379.  She has already been using the Z5 before we did the transfer, and none of those messages have been affected. 

Has anyone seen this before? Looking for advice what to do to fix it. Delete them all and start again?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Corrupt dates on SMS transferred from iphone using Xperia Transfer Mobile

@TheAitken

Just wondering, are those regular texts or iMessages? I'm assuming that you've used Xperia Transfer Mobile?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

All regular text messages, and yes, transferred using Xperia Transfer Mobile.

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

When the massages are transferred, the time stamp remains original receipt date, but the messages are added to the device with the timestamp of the transfer

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

That might be what is expected to happen. But that is not what actually happened. As I said, all the imported messages have had new dates applied. Some are in the future, some are in the past, and some don't have a valid date at all.