account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Contact name not showing when calling (incoming/outgoing)

One time poster
Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

Phone problem

Anyone else had the problem since the update to new software, where some of your calls come up as private number but not all the time. Happened to me today twice but o have not touched my call settings called my network provider and they have no.idea they just told my to activate security account in store?? Any advice
Apprentice
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

Re: Phone problem

I think after software update and adding apps by app backup those issues arise. After sw update add apps from playstore. All will work smooth except some glitches like call log showing less alphabet of caller, Bluetooth gets off when idle
One time poster
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

I am having this same issue. Xperia Z5 Premium My phone was scheduled to update to 7.0 last night and when I woke up I do not have contacts in any of my calling or messaging apps. I can still see them if I go to my contacts app but if I try to call or text someone from there it just shows up as a number in whatever app I use. I am using system phone for calling and textra for texting. I tried changning my default app settings and it didn't help.

The strange thing is if I scroll down through my texts super fast to ones that are very old it loads the persons name for a split second then changes it to a number.

Sony you really need to fix this problem.

I use my Z5 for work every day and I need to know who is calling me.

One time poster
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

Re: Z5 PREMIUM UPDATE ISSUES

Just in case none of these worked, I went to my contacts and exported all of them to a .vcf file on my external storage. I'm sure internal would work too. And then I imported the contacts back from the same location. Worked like a charm. All of this is possible from inside the phone. In the Contacts App click on the settings button (3 dots in the top right corner) and select Import/Export. Hope this helps.

Visitor
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

Re: Contact name not showing when calling (incoming/outgoing)

Hi,

I recently faced this problem with the latest June 2017 update.

I solved it by going to "Settings / Apps / Phone app / Permissions(I suppose that's how it appears in english)" and moving the permissions for contacts from On to Off, wait a few seconds, and then from Off to On.

I hope it helps everyone!

One time poster
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

Worst update ever! Please fix!

I've been with my z5 compact a year already and I have never encountered any trouble. I like the phone and the system, so far every update has accomplished it's goal with no problem at all. But the last update has been a complete failure, it messed up with my caller ID, I can see who is calling, the moment I make a call, the phone shows the number but not the name (from the ones I have saved). In the history record happens the same, I can't see the names of the people I have called, just their numbers. Also my phone keeps erasing my wallpaper and crashed when I try to chat with someone, it got very slow. Please make another update fixing these stuff or at least let me downgrade to the previous version. 

One time poster
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

2 days ago my Z5 upgraded and I'm having same problem, I've tried some of the suggestions on the settings>apps, but not good results, and what I can see, Sony says nothing

One time poster
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

Re: Worst update ever! Please fix!

Same thing here. Great phone. Worst update ever.

One time poster
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

Hi everybody!

I have exactly the same problem with a Xperia Z5 Compact, please Sony, help us with this issue, release a fix for that last update.

Thank you very much.

One time poster
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

I had the same problem, and i've tested your possible solutions, but no luck. Yesterday I tried to remove my google account fomr my xperia and add it again. and.. voila! It works!, I hope this help you too.