account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Contact name not showing when calling (incoming/outgoing)

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: Contact name not showing when calling (incoming/outgoing)

llLjGCs

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

Re: Phone problem

IMG20170707001041.jpgScreen change, like burn mark

First small mark was showing on left side,  but now started on right side,  it's increasing.  This is my third phone from Xpedia series starting from  Xpedia x1, z ultra and now z premium.  Previous phone didn't had any such issues.  But now claiming 4k it's absolutely cheating. I think screen is dying. 

@Rakheshraj9 wrote:
I think after software update and adding apps by app backup those issues arise. After sw update add apps from playstore. All will work smooth except some glitches like call log showing less alphabet of caller, Bluetooth gets off when idle

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

Re: Phone problem

@Rakheshraj9 wrote:

IMG20170707001041.jpgScreen change, like burn mark

First small mark was showing on left side,  but now started on right side,  it's increasing.  This is my third phone from Xpedia series starting from  Xpedia x1, z ultra and now z premium.  Previous phone didn't had any such issues.  But now claiming 4k it's absolutely cheating. I think screen is dying. 

@Rakheshraj9 wrote:
I think after software update and adding apps by app backup those issues arise. After sw update add apps from playstore. All will work smooth except some glitches like call log showing less alphabet of caller, Bluetooth gets off when idle

Hey buddy,

Those might be caused by these connectors grounding on the display's digitizer

DSC_0008.JPG

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

This worked for me also Thanks

One time poster
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Contatos

Dear,

After the last update of Z5, every time someone calls me or if I call someone, even though the numbers are saved in the phonebook (contacts), the name of the person does not appear in both incoming and outgoing calls.

What can be done?

One time poster
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

Re: Contatos

Estou com o mesmo problema,  alguém sabe uma solução? 

@Luis3006 wrote:

Prezados,

Após a última atualização do Z5, toda vez que alguém me liga ou se eu ligo para alguém, por mais que os números estejam salvos na agenda (contatos), não aparece o nome da pessoa tanto nas ligações recebidas quanto nas realizadas.

O que pode ser feito?

One time poster
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

Re: Contatos

For those who speak Portuguese:
I also had the same problem, on my Xperia Z5! The solution I found was to delete my google account linked to the phone and then add again, as a user posted in English! I just did a test here and it worked!

GT

One time poster
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

Re: Z5 PREMIUM UPDATE ISSUES

Exporting contacts and importing them restored the missing contact names in SMS & phone .

One time poster
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

Re: Z5 PREMIUM UPDATE ISSUES

Hi

If your contacts have the area code included the phone app doesn't read those correctly (+05 6266 85650) after the update. 

I had to fix everyone contact deleting the area code and it worked (6266 85650)

I hope it works for you 

One time poster
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

I recently upgraded my Sony Xperia XA to Android 7.0 and the fix recommended is not working. Please provide a valid fix.