account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Charging Slowly

Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Charging Slowly

Good Day!

Yesterday, there was a note on my phone that the battery os discharging too fast and needed a change on its charger. But I was using the charger that was included in the box. And after that, my phone was low in battery and charged it at night. I woke up the next day my battery isn't full yet. Is there a problem with the battery? Should I return that unit from where I bought and ask for a new one?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thank you! ☺
6 REPLIES 6
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Charging Slowly

Well, could you try first repairing your device using the Sony PCC? I had similar issues with the C5 ultra and two Z3c, it's probably an app in your phone that remain active and use cpu power. Or, can you try to recharge while the phone is off?

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Emperor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@annatot

That's normal if you are using the phone at the same time as you are charging, while playing heavy games or watching movies

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Try with another charger

If it charges very good, u can say that your charger is down, otherwise u've a problem with your phone, and before to claim for a replace or repair, it's better doing a Software Repair with Xperia Companion
Sage
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I had this issue when the phone was new. After some cycles the battery stabilized and the problem went away.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Try to charge when your phone is off, if the problem is still, reason must be hardware, if not, just repair your phone via PCC.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Yeah I say don't organise a repair. Because it can too risky. Best to buy a new one.