account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't update applications in the Google Play store

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Can't update applications in the Google Play store

Hi, 

Even if it seems that you got it solved I found another solution that works for me... Slightly smiling Face

I got in to the Settings/Apps/Google Play and there I uninstall the updates for the Google Play. 

Then I open Google Play and update my apps. Sometimes I have to restart the app if I can't see the apps that needs an update. 

But you have to be quick, Google Play updates itself in a couple of minutes and if you don't get all the apps updated you have to do the same procedure again. 

It's obviosly that the problem is in the Google Play Update.

Good Luck/Eva

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Thanks for the WorkAround, but this isn't really viable to do all the time, and I have over 40+ apps that need updating now, it won't have the chance to do them all.

Of course all I'm hitting is the typical Sony support buffer with the fob-off responses. PLEASE keep pestering them and get someone to take ownership of this issue. There's at least 4 threads I've seen with multiple users reporting this exact same issue.

Something changed in the Play store that deals with updating apps on the SD card, and obv our Sony Android version needs updating to fix it.

One time poster
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

I am having the same problem with updating apps from the play store, and I can't accept moving apps back to the device as a permanent solution, it's Sony's responsibility to fix the problem!

One time poster
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Hi

Yes, I am having the same problem and have spent days trying to resolve it, I am thinking of a factory reset as a final solution.

I had always considered Sony as a safe bet but after this and the apperance that we, the customer, are only important when buying a new phone and reading the many threads on various forams Sony will not be at the top of my list when I replace the phone which is likely to be sooner rather than later.

But for now is back to trying to resolve my issue.

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Excellent advice, I had transferred some apps to the sd card to save space but didn't realise it was causing this problem. Rectified many thanks!!