account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't update applications in the Google Play store

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Can't update applications in the Google Play store

Las aplicaciones en Play store me aparecen pendientes de actualizar. Se descarga la actualización pero nunca acaban de instalarse. He reiniciado, borrado caché de PS, detenido la app de PS,... Y sigue igual.

The applications in Play store appear to me pending to update. The update is downloaded but never installed. I have rebooted, deleted PS cache, stopped the PS app, ... and remains the same.

-GT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Re: Can't update applications in the Google Play store

I have the same problem and I found the issue in my case:

The app I am trying to update is in the SD card and not in the internal storage. To update it, I have to move it back to the internal storage.

I really hope to shed some light in the issue so you guys can figure a final solution to this.

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

I have Z5. All apps will not update in the Google Play Store, have tried ALL suggestions, rebooted, deleted PS cache, deleted PS data, stopped the PS app, updated PS and still ALL apps run "downloading" and start again over and over, do not download at al
l?

Learner
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

I'm experiencing the same issue, tried everything suggested but to no avail.

One time poster
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

I have the same problem and I found the issue in my case:

The app I am trying to update is in the SD card and not in the internal storage. To update it, I have to move it back to the internal storage.

I really hope to shed some light in the issue so you guys can figure a final solution to this.

Thanks!

Learner
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Thanks for this but I have tried moving them back too which hasn't worked 

One time poster
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Same issue here...

I'm quite sure that this is intentional. Remotely bricked by Sony, time to buy a new phone.

They screwed me many times. I bought a Clié PDA, they discontinued support before even releasing an useable firmware. Bought an Alpha camera and a dozen lenses, they dropped the lens mount. The Z5, once top-of-the-line, does not even get the most basic security fixes any more. This is how to waste our planet just for profit...

Gonna buy a fairphone right now.

Learner
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Thanks. I moved all apps from a SD card to internal memory and all apps have updated without any problem.

Thanks a lot.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

SAME PROBLEM just started on my Z5 E6653. Moving a few apps that were not updating to internal storage seems to work.  Now just have to sort through all 23 others that had updates pending.

One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Thank you for this.  I moved all failed update apps from my SD card back to internal storage and they have all now updated.  I guess what will happen now is that I will run out of internal storage again and start to get those messages.  This is a real irritant, but thank you so much for finding a solution.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

I've just started getting this exact issue also. 32.4.A.1.54 on a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.

I'm unsure what changed, it just suddenly won't update ANY app on the SD card anymore.

This is apparently an issue with the X Series phones too: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X-Compact/Google-play-store-apps-not-updating-since-oreo-updat...

I have a 64GB SD card, and not enough space on my Device for all my apps. As if I'm going to around moving ALL my apps back and forth every day to update!

I thought this was just me! But seeing these threads it seems to have hit loads of people.

PLEASE fix this Sony!