account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't reply to some text messages

Rookie
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Can't reply to some text messages

which messanging app u are using as default message app. Normally when yu tap massage at the bottom you get box to reply.

Learner
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Has there been a fix for this problem? I'm still having the same trouble with my Xperia Z5. In the text message conversation history it would normally have a box at the bottom to input your text for sending, but this is missing. Was the question in this discussion ever answered? Thanks.

One time poster
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

i'm getting the same problem, i get a reply to a tweet but cant reply to the reply

One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

I've had the same problem since updating to a Z5 from a Z3. It was originally just affecting sms messages from my boss, but since last week has also affected messages from my wife.

The contacts look fine, no spurious characters etc, and nothing noticably different between these and other contacts who work fine. 

I've installed the Google Messages app and disabled the Sony Messaging app. The conversation histories have all migrated over and, most importantly, I can reply in line.