account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera button not working z5

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Camera button not working z5

Camera button not working

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Camera button not working z5

Hi @Niksumnuff, I am sorry to hear about this.

Firstly have you checked the functionality of the camera key using the Diagnostics-function? In order to do this, find and tap Settings > About phone > Support > Xperia tests > Camera key.

Another thing you can try is to repair the software in the phone using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup before proceeding with the repair in order to prevent data loss.

If the software repair do not manage to improve the functionality of the camera key I suggest that you get in contact with your local support team in order to have your phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your Local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.