account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera blure and noise issue (no iso at 20 and 23 mp)

Rookie
Message 31 of 39
Message 31 of 39

Re: Camera blure and noise issue (no iso at 20 and 23 mp)

Hi there. Am I doing something wrong? I am trying to shoot at 23mp and change ISO also add Image stabilisation. Neither seem possible at 23mp? 

Either I am doing something wrong or there is no point having the ability of shooting 23mp if you cannot use IS and change ISO. 

If you can only use these setting at 8mp. this is a 8mp manual camera. 

Message 32 of 39
Message 32 of 39

@Dexuality ISO cannot be changed at 20 or 23 MP. You can only enable/disable HDR.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 33 of 39
Message 33 of 39

I feel pretty let down by Sony on this. It used to be a great camera. Great lens perfect for those who wanted a back up camera when not using their main one. Now I feel I have a phone. 

Gutted. What happened? Why create a phone with 23mp and lock down all the things you would want to use it for to 8mp making the camera less than average. 

It makes no sense? 

Unless they have released it without finishing the programming for the camera to allow full manual at 23mp? That can be the only reason. Otherwise it is a 8mp camera. nothing else. Can you check if there is an update coming? I can see a lot of people feel incredibly let down by Sony who have bought for the same reason scrolling through the forums. 

Message 34 of 39
Message 34 of 39

Sorry, I don't have access to that kind of information. Perhaps you can forward your suggestion to the Local support.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 35 of 39
Message 35 of 39

Hi Alex

I have put the quesitons all over the 'sony' place including local support who had less of a clue than you. So high fives to your knowledge in comparison. Winking Face 

I think its disappointing that you cannot get a straight answer from anyone or anywhere. I can see there is an amazing camera hiding in there just waiting for people to let rip with full manual settings. 

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 39
Message 36 of 39

i have the same doubt @Dexuality how is this a support form when no sony employee is gonna take this seriously 

and ur points about camera is full 100% correct the camera is useless no manual controls on 23 mp also the Superior auto sux in low light too much noise in pictures i cant take a clean picture in low light and night time outside all filled with noise heck z2 and m5 is taking better pictures they both are sony devices what wrong with z5 idk sony why create a godly sensor and ruin with locks and limitations to the software just give us qx30 software on it ill be happy 

Rookie
Message 37 of 39
Message 37 of 39

I am beginning to think it isn't a 23mp camera at all. It is clever HD SOFTWARE after the shot.is taken. Why else would the camera be unable to shoot in manual anything above 8mp? The con is on. And when I asked about.this. not one person at Sony would give me a straight answer...
Enthusiast
Message 38 of 39
Message 38 of 39

Bought a Z5P 3 months ago. Z5P's camera is so bad when compared to my friends LG G4....

16MP Pic of G4 has more details when zooming than the 20MP pic of Z5P

-------------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) | Xperia Z1 (C6903)
One time poster
Message 39 of 39
Message 39 of 39

From Z all the way to use Z5, there are many ideas, first-class hardware three flow optimization. Manual mode is not full - there is no shutter adjustment without RAW resin lenses, Samsung /LG are doing better than Sony, not to say that China's mobile phone manufacturers and ihone, consumers are not a fool. Such products who are willing to pay? Without a good experience to spend more money, Sony brand has been not to attract consumers - the worse the worse.