account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Camera blure and noise issue (no iso at 20 and 23 mp)

Rookie
Message 11 of 39
Message 11 of 39

Re: Camera blure and noise issue (no iso at 20 and 23 mp)

I have same problem, photos taken with stock sony camera app are noisy especialy faces. Other appslike Google camera doing fine pic without noices. Unfortunatly res is limited to 8MP.
Sony could you investigate and advice asap.
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 39
Message 12 of 39

Taking pictures @8mp in auto mode and when lowering the iso it seems no noise , perfecr pictures when lowering iso . Please sony unlock the iso @23mp because z5 have perfect camera
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 39
Message 13 of 39

Camera v2.0.1 on the way, many bugs fixed hope to can change iso @23 mp
Rookie
Message 14 of 39
Message 14 of 39

I have i have same issues even when lowered ISO in manual Mode
Rookie
Message 15 of 39
Message 15 of 39

Why hardware info app is detecting only 8,3MP?
Talent
Message 16 of 39
Message 16 of 39

When you refer to "do zoom", you mean, "digital zoom"? You do the zoom before take the photo?

Or you mean seeing the picture at real size in a computer monitor? (100%/actual/real size).

I have problems when I see a photo in a computer monitor, at real size, they are too noisy compared to my previous phone.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 39
Message 17 of 39

Faces are noisy @23mp in low light but @8mp are perfect when lowering iso
Apprentice
Message 18 of 39
Message 18 of 39

Hi there,

I´ve changed from Z1 compact to Z5...  There is something very very wrong with low light photos. Blurry images even manual at 8 MP no definition blocky edges, colors turned to red.
I bought this cell phone because the camera. Please let us know if there is going to be an update.

Also unblock de 12k+ iso at 23 in manual mode.

Regards

One time poster
Message 19 of 39
Message 19 of 39

I had a galaxy s6 and got the z5 for a better battery and the camera but must say the s6 is by far better , I made a post to show the pics and ppl agree , I had the z5 3 days and I'm selling it as apart from the batter life everything else is worse , I can't see sony being around for very long
Message 20 of 39
Message 20 of 39

I think you need to either get the camera looked at, or play with the controls more.
In daylight, the Z5 is far superior to the S6 for both colour reproduction and detail clarity. Manual iso would further extend that and is absolutely necessary to compete in the low light field where the S6 is better.
Low light situations is where the Z5 needs real work, everything else is brilliant.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.