account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera blure and noise issue (no iso at 20 and 23 mp)

Talent
Message 21 of 39
Message 21 of 39

Re: Camera blure and noise issue (no iso at 20 and 23 mp)

No, it's not brilliant at all, even at good light scenarios...For me it's like a 2MP high quality photo (with excellent colors blablabla) upscaled to 8MP. 

If you compare a Z5 picture (8MP or 23MP) at real size with other (non Sony) phones pictures (and just using 4MP or 6MP) using the same PC Monitor. 

You'll find much better details in other phones, the Z5 pictures could have better colors in high light, but lacks the good details. You don't notice this if you are looking the entire picture in a thumbnail with a 720p o 1080p screen. You need to crop, or zoom the picture in a PC monitor too see the real size of the picture and then compare with other phones. 

So, to sum up, the Z5 firmwared needs to improve 2 things:

1) Picture Sharpness/Quality/Details: [Some 4MP cameras capture better details than the Z5 camera at 8MP, not to mention 23MP which is even worse]. This applies to all Z5 photos (no matter the lighting). This happens always, but yes, at low light it's even worse. 

2) Improve the low light quality and the HDR. 

Message 22 of 39
Message 22 of 39

Yes I know how to 100% crop 

And in good light it is definitely good.

But I'll go and compare some other pics...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 23 of 39
Message 23 of 39

Galaxy S6 16mp image taken in July.

100% crop 

Screenshot_2015-12-11-16-09-00.png

From same location taken today 

100%+ crop to match size

Screenshot_2015-12-11-16-09-26.png

Only the Z5 picked up the ragged detail on the bricks, and picked up on the fact the windows have a square mesh over them.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 24 of 39
Message 24 of 39

No need to crop, just post the original pictures. In my opinion to compare the details of the photos it's better to use objects that are close. 

I've made this comparisson a few weeks ago, using a fabric, both photos were took at same time / same (artificial) lighting:

Z5 Compact 20.0MP (16:9) Sony Camera (Superior auto):
http://i.imgur.com/sojFzZ6.jpg

Nexus 5 6.0MP (16:9) Google Camera (HDR+):
http://i.imgur.com/Kjl9yAx.jpg

Adept
Message 25 of 39
Message 25 of 39

@viridis

Its due to different angle of light. You cannot compare photos under different light conditions.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 39
Message 26 of 39

Dear Sony team,
I was expecting big camera change from Sony this year but as usual very poor post processing of pictures. I believe in the hardware of sony but it is the software that is taking toll. In normal day to day photography the images are blurry also it lags pure manual camera support. We demand manual and raw camera support asap.
Thank you.
Adept
Message 27 of 39
Message 27 of 39

my thoughts on camera after 1 week of Z5 possession:

24mm lens is awsomei in terms of focal length, but it has quality issues with homogeneity. i can understand the barrel distortion, but edge quality is unaccaptable. It reminds me low quality china made cameras.

exmor sensor: it has potential, it excels in good lighting conditions but low light performance is below competition.

post processing: no complains here, except firmware can apply a small barel distortion correction.

capablities: long way to go here... raw support, burst mode, integrated 4K mode on video mode (and not just an application), manual controls (ISO, exposure, etc). Competition is allready provides them.

OIS: having in mind the low light weakness of exmor sensor, OIS should have been implemented on camera, as it will provide longer exposure times with lower ISO values. In combination with steadyshot it will deliver miracles.

of course i dont expect DSLR quality, im a rational guy, but the above improvements are feasible.

Rookie
Message 28 of 39
Message 28 of 39

Yes. My Sony Xperia z5 premium Camera hardware showing only 8 MP not 23 MP. Run mobile phone test. Picture look bad at zooming hole Sony can do something to fix it. Ps my wife picture and zooming look much much better than sorry Xperia z5 premium.  

Learner
Message 29 of 39
Message 29 of 39

I have z5 premium since 3 days and I think that the camera is a total mess, coming from a s6 edge plus....

I think to sell it very soon...

Commissioner
Message 30 of 39
Message 30 of 39

Most problematic thing is colour balance on low light that creates some bad blue tints !!!