account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Call waiting deactivation

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Call waiting deactivation

Hi,  

Am unable to deactivate the call waiting feature.. 

Kindly support how can I deactivate call waiting 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call waiting deactivation

@Hashif

Which Android version is your phone on?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call waiting deactivation

@Hashifwrote:

Hi,  

Am unable to deactivate the call waiting feature.. 

Kindly support how can I deactivate call waiting 

@DavidWallandwrote:

I am hearing impaired.  I can't find out how to make the phone refuse to try to record a voicemail message, despite voicemail being unset.  What I need is to ensute that no-one actually tries to record a voicemail message and instead texts me.

I had this set up on a previous phone (not a Sony) and can't understand why this is not an ordinary feature on my Xperia phone.  People tend to drop their voices while recording meaning that I can very seldom work out what the voicemail message is.

If I miss a call and the caller thinks I have a voicemail message, then I may have missed something vital, especially as my wife died suddenly 3 weeks ago and I am trying to deal with this under conditions of great stress.

you both Should download your Carriers Mobile App and see if you can disable the Voice Mail Service from there or call waiting... or international roaming.. etc.. or just bug your carrier and tell them to disable it.

usually you can even do it by USSD code if you search for what your carrier has allowed

most carriers now have something like this

Screenshot_20180216-204720.pngScreenshot_20180216-204952.png

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.