account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

CPU Limit on nougat

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 61 of 70
Message 61 of 70

Re: Seriously SONY?

Here is a screen shot from mm 5.11 firmware. Last one before nougat got rolled out. You can clearly see the difference Screenshot_20170623-073516.png

Inhabitant
Message 62 of 70
Message 62 of 70

not only in android 7 all cpu cores are bounded to @1.56 but also the phone get hotter so much more.

somethimes I reach upto 68-70 degree whit just the music app open (seems like a bug on music app)

I experience random crashes and phone restarts.

and I have done everything possible (clean install, repair via pc companion, etc)

heavy games like "torque burnout" play crappy and laggy due to limited clock speed

I don't expect a higher clock speed than this because the phone get hot easily even whit this @1.56Ghz clock let alone prevous @1.96 Angry Face

but what I want to ask is should I get back to 5.1.1 by manual degrading through flashtools or should I 

wait for 7.1 (will it fix this at all)? Thinking Face

Enthusiast
Message 63 of 70
Message 63 of 70

That's what I'm hoping for 7.1 but I doubt Sony will change anything 

Enthusiast
Message 64 of 70
Message 64 of 70

Well well Sony 7.1.1 is out and this screen shot is from the latest firmware I installed on my z5 compact 32.4.A.0.160Screenshot_20170628-222940.png

So looks like the clock is back to 1.96GHz and all the cores are enabled. So yes maybe Sony did disable the cores on nougat 7.0 and now enabled back on 7.1.1

Inhabitant
Message 65 of 70
Message 65 of 70

Wow Currently getting 7.1.1 update

Can't wait to see if it's fixed here as well or not,

Gonna confirm it tomorrow, after the install 

Inhabitant
Message 66 of 70
Message 66 of 70

sorry for late replay

had to download it twice with phone and after getting error on incomplete download

let it be downloaded from pc companion ~2.7GB

I had these issues on 7.0

1_ 4CPU cores allways disabled

2_ thus phone getting so hot on simple task due to the pressure applied only on 4Cores

3_ slow and laggy video playback for long videos (like 1h videos)

4_ slow phone app on swiping call history up and down

5_ battery drain

now on 7.1.1 number (1) nad (2) is fixed

but (3) and (4) still remains

and im not sure about (5) yet

*I have not reset the phone to its factory setting yet

Screenshot_20170630-055937.png

Message 67 of 70
Message 67 of 70

All cores working on last update 7.1.1...and battery lasts longer...

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 68 of 70
Message 68 of 70

http://imgur.com/a/xQUrp

I don't really care about the state of CPUs btw... I'd actually prefer less cores running to extend life.

Continuation from here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/32-4-A-0-160-7-1-1-is-on-a-roll-updat...

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Post with 54 views. 32.4.A.0.160 Antutu 15m Stress Test
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 69 of 70
Message 69 of 70

@NeoBeum wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/xQUrp

I don't really care about the state of CPUs btw... I'd actually prefer less cores running to extend life.

Continuation from here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/32-4-A-0-160-7-1-1-is-on-a-roll-updat...

have you tried to reset the phone after update?
btw if you find out android 7 to be a better Rom for your phone you can easily downgrade using flashtools,
just search the web, there are plenty of them and you don't need to root the phone either
however I haven't reset the phone and actually took the update from pc companion
my battery life span has reached from 1 day most back to almost 2 days, just like how it was on android 5
high-end games like carx-highway which used to cause the phone to get super hot on android 7 with the
frame rate of "15-20 on night scene and 25-30 on day scene"
is now running at i guess more than 30 - 40 fps with no serious heat.
a demo app called "YEBIS" from silicon studio with 100 gems on screen run at 45-50 fps
while my brother's s7 edge rich up to 18-20 "however I consider it as a bug"
idk what the heck has happened but it has seriously changed (at least for me)
i'm totally satisfied with device performance on this update
my only concern now is the slow video playback on hardware decoder
and slow phone's app call history.

Screenshot_20170706-015456.png

One time poster
Message 70 of 70
Message 70 of 70

Z5 Dual - when you will give back all cores?

Hello

Wondering when update will be ready for E6633? That is little frustrating not having all specified cores for such long time. Such amateur behaviour shouldn't happened for company like Sony. 

I don't think that such proceeding will convince me or other client to buy XZ1 or any newer Sony smartphone - if you are not serious in support your products there is competition ready to take my $.