account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

CPU Limit on nougat

SOLVED
Message 41 of 70
Message 41 of 70

Re: Disabled A-57 cores

@Akashv0444

Your 13 hours phone idle time is consuming about the same as 2.5 hours of screen-on time. I think it's quite normal. And having 44% battery after 2.5 hours of screen-on time is impressive. If you want to have a better perspective of how strong is your phone's battery management, go for a factory reset and test the phone for a couple of days without installing any unnecessary apps.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Commissioner
Message 42 of 70
Message 42 of 70

Okay going to reset my phone 

After that i will install only WhatsApp

Is it fine?

Message 43 of 70
Message 43 of 70

@Akashv0444

Yes sure install whatever you need, just don't flood the phone with apps at this points. We're doing this just for the sake of testing, but as I told you even your consumption data you posted are quite fine.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Commissioner
Message 44 of 70
Message 44 of 70

Ok thanks Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 45 of 70
Message 45 of 70

Still phone idle is eating battery.

My main problem is why phone idle is eating battery. 

Screen on time 1 hr

Phone idle 1hr 24 min

Battery percentage 87%

One time poster
Message 46 of 70
Message 46 of 70

Android Nougat instal problem

After installing Nougat 7.0 have occured these problems:

From 8 core processor works only 4 of them and the battery is quickly emptying.

Only 4 core processor work, these are all the time full powered and constantly is heating up. What has happened? With Android Marshmallow there weren't these problems. Please solve the problem. What is the aim of 8 core processor when only 4 of these work?

Commissioner
Message 47 of 70
Message 47 of 70

Game hangs a lot

My phone hangs a lot while playing Need For Speed No Limits game,after Nougat update.

Maybe because of that disabled A57 cores.

Apprentice
Message 48 of 70
Message 48 of 70

Re: Game hangs a lot

I have been enduring this annoying problem since the Nougat update... And I can confirm that having checked the cpu and battery with up-to-date software... 

It IS true.. That the faster cores in the cpu are stopped, by putting them offline... 

But this is necessary to prevent overheating and damage to the phone... 

Upon testing... At a temperature of 34 degrees Celsius TWO of the fast cores will shut down... And if the cpu is continuously stressed further... At 39 degrees Celsius a third will shut down..

The problem is,that now with Nougat, the situation is exacerbated... And it doesn't take much to stress the cpu. 

So.. This explains the lags...as it is only functioning at half cpu if you use it normally... As the temperature rises rapidly since Nougat.

Think about it... Z5c is waterproof and tight.. You have a powerful cpu and the heat can't escape properly... It needs to shut down to prevent overheating...

I don't think it's solely down to Sony..as Google have their part to play...

But as it stands 

This flagship phone is equalled by half its price.

Message 49 of 70
Message 49 of 70

Z5 worse than the Z2? What gives?

I got an in-warranty ('til Jan 18) Z5 as a replacement for my Z2. The only reason for replacing was because I dropped the Z2 and the back cracked slightly. Only small cosmetic damage, but it annoyed me everytime I got the phone out of my pocket (and I wasn't going to put the beautiful phone in a case).

After 2 months with the Z5 (running latest Nougat) I have found it to be much slower that the Z2, and that it overheats a lot quicker.

Games overheat very quickly on the Z5, and start lagging within 10 mins. Sometimes totally unplayable.

I sent the Z5 back to Sony for repair (thinking it was faulty), but it was sent back to me with all tests passed - so nothing fixed. I wasn't charged the £25 they threaten if no problem is found.

So not only do I have a phone that is uglier than my Z2, doesn't have the magnetic charge port, and doesn't allow games such as Pokemon Go to override the screen time-out; but I also have a new phone that drains the battery quicker, gets hotter and runs at half the speed.

Surely the Z5 should be superior to the Z2?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 50 of 70
Message 50 of 70

Re: Seriously SONY?

first of all

why this topic is tagged as SOLVED ?

it's not yet

secondly 

why A57 cores are limited to 1.555MHz clock speed?

I can remember cristal clear that on android5 it was @ 2GHz

and I havn't had any issue related to device heat while playing games,

plus the battery life span was better than android 7

it could easily hold upto 2 days

but now mostly 1 - 1.5 day.

should I wait for android 7.1(will it solves the issues?) or should I flash back to the android 5 ???