account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bottom speaker loses loudness gradually

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Bottom speaker loses loudness gradually

my z5 premium lost functionality in its bottom speaker and the headphone jack in 6 months of the purchase. I got the phone replaced and I think the phone they gave me was a refurbished one. it looked new but I feel it was refurbished because it was slower than the one I had originally possessed. Anyway, it has been a month now and the problem is back. the speaker at the bottom has lost the loudness and many users have experienced this, so I think it is a persistent problem. I even tried the service test and the problem was there. for a second, both speakers were equally loud and then back to low volume for the bottom one. thought it to be a software problem because of nougat update so installed the software twice again using PC. Now, what I think is this is a design problem. Somewhere when the speaker is silent the solder connections are intact. but as soon as they are vibrated to produce the sound they lose their connection, hence the one second of equal loudness. Sony should recall all the z5 premium phones and look into this as customer satisfaction is a must. I am a sony fan and won't be giving up anytime soon. For the time being, i will get my phone replaced again as it is still under warranty. But if this problem comes again after it and the company refuses to replace the phone saying it is out of warranty I will be giving up on buying any Sony product ever again as this comes in my way of daily user experience and then I will sue the company FOR SURE

2 REPLIES 2
Apprentice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bottom speaker loses loudness gradually

And the phone I had been given after replacement, its fingerprint scanner doesn't work well. Even the button is loose.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bottom speaker loses loudness gradually

if you are given a replacement handset, I suggest you get back to the service center to have them deal with the problems with it. try to see if you can replicate the problems on the service center so they can see first hand the problems with the device. http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/