account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth "Absolute volume" is broken on 7.1.1

Adviser
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Bluetooth "Absolute volume" is broken on 7.1.1

So, Bluetooth "absolute volume" is not working at all. "Disable absolute volume" in developer options is deactivated, activation does not change anything. It worked on Marshmallow, I'm very disappointed 😞. Sony's Nougat 7.1.1 looks more like a downgrade.  Z5 Compact E5823.

Ps: absolute volume should control volume of Bluetooth sink (i.e. output device), so volumes of OS and Bluetooth speaker are synced. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bluetooth "Absolute volume" is broken on 7.1.1

I am experiencing this as well. I have an XA1. It's really irritating. The volume is either really loud or really quiet. Now I can't use my favorite Bluetooth speaker in the house. I used to be able to solve this problem on my Moto g4 by disabling absolute volume in Developer Settings. When I attempt to disable it the option resets as soon as I close the settings screen.