account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth connection keeps dropping since MM upgrade.

Emperor
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Bluetooth connection keeps dropping since MM upgrade.

@Javlar

This is a user based forum, you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

I also have Bluetooth streaming connection problems. It's awful since marshmallow and it seems a common problem. No answer though. Now my headphone socket has failed. I'm fed up with the problems in having with duo called 'state of the art' Sony phones. My Z3 had to be sent away due to USB socket failure, now this Z5 Premium needs their attention. I just want a phone that works. Maybe I should buy a cheap brick!
Emperor
Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

@Redscorpian

could you also test it on >>>  safe mode ?

which android version and build  number do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

Did that, same problem.

Did that, same problem.
Screenshot_20160523-001848.png
Adviser
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

Tested it in safe mode. Same thing happens
Build number is 32.1.A.1.185. Also did a repair software using the Sony PC companion. Made no difference.
Adviser
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

Connected a Moto G 3 Gen  and a Nexus 7, both running Android 6.0. Both stayed connected to bluetooth without disconnecting. As soon as I connected my Sony disconnection happened after 30 secs and then it reconnected then disconnected again.

Adviser
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

Well I've updated to 6.0.1 and it's made no difference to the Bluetooth. Guess I'm stuck with this handset until my contract expires. Not having a Sony again after this. Very poor support network.
Adviser
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

Sounds the same problem my wife has with her Z5C, connects to the BT hands free, then disconnect, BT searches for the phone, connects again.....
She has a VW Polo with Touch Phone
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

This is happening to me too. I'm trying to connect my Sony Xperia to my iPhone hotspot via Bluetooth. It connects then drops within a minute. My other phone is connected the same way and has no issues. It's doing my head in and making the reason for having the extra phone completely pointless. I've tried connecting via Wi-Fi but although the main phone is on the 'preferred connections' list, it's impossible to connect from that link.

The Xperia connects to my WiFi at home with no issues. It's just the tethering whilst out and about that seems to be the issue