account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Apprentice
Message 11 of 149
Message 11 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

On the advice of Sony I bought a new headset with bluetooth 4.1. But the exact same problem. I wasted money because of illiteracy Sony!

Regular
Message 12 of 149
Message 12 of 149

Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update .376

Hello,

after the Nougat update my car radio doesn't show Metadata anymore for music played by Spotify via bluetooth. Also the controls don't work.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any hints/fixes?

Adviser
Message 13 of 149
Message 13 of 149

I personally would appreciate a response from a Sony rep here regarding build 39.2.A.0.417 and the fixes included for Bluetooth issues. How can we get these either pushed through to our network providers as a priority or get access to an install directly?!

Adviser
Message 14 of 149
Message 14 of 149

Re: Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update .376

I have this exact same problem and have posted in two other threads this same post with no response form Sony yet. I've done a lot of research now and it's clear Sony are aware. Users on other carriers have had the problem resolved with a build update 39.2.A.0.417. I've called both O2 and Sony on this and they deny all knowledge. It's utterly ridiculous that Sonys own technical teams have no knowledge of their own patch release notes and known bugs. There's no fix for this until your carrier release the above patched build.

I personally would appreciate a response from a Sony rep here regarding build 39.2.A.0.417 and the fixes included for Bluetooth issues. How can we get these either pushed through to our network providers as a priority or get access to an install directly?!   

Adviser
Message 15 of 149
Message 15 of 149

Did an update to Nougat, then tried using my JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker to make call. Recipient could not hear me and I could not hear him. I removed the JBL from the device list and tried to reconnect with no success. The Xperia Z5 does not see the JBL Flip. It used to work correctly in Marshmallow. What is this?

Regular
Message 16 of 149
Message 16 of 149

Re: Bluetooth Metadata not displaying after Nougat update .376

What I tried so far:
Deleting the car from my bluetooth settings and vice versa. After that I reconnected.

After a forced close of spotify and toggle bluetooth off/on I started playback.

Always without success. Still no AVRCP.

FS1
One time poster
Message 17 of 149
Message 17 of 149

After Nougat update Bluetooth headset connection fails Z5 Premium

I have a Z5 Premium that was updated to Nougat via OTA to 32.3.A.0.378. After the update my headset (Plantronics Voyager Edge) fail during calls (I can not hear the one I speak with). The connection is not lost though. I have removed the pairing and repaired, I have updated the firmware of the headset, I have restarded the phone and nothing helps.

Visitor
Message 18 of 149
Message 18 of 149

Z5 dual and bluetooth connection to my car

All was working great till the day before yesterday.....then android 7 installed, mobile BT is not working to connection at All!!!!!!!
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 19 of 149
Message 19 of 149

Re: Z5 dual and bluetooth connection to my car

You reconfigured the BT settings right?
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Visitor
Message 20 of 149
Message 20 of 149

Exactly what i have, with my Bmw, same ss u mentioned