account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Apprentice
Message 141 of 149
Message 141 of 149

Re: Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth in my Seat Leon - Not showing Spotify metadata and controls not working

Hi, 

How do you rollback to 6.0 ? 

Let 's hope 7.1.2 will fix it, indeed ... 

Thx

Regular
Message 142 of 149
Message 142 of 149

Re: Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth in my Seat Leon - Not showing Spotify metadata and controls not working

Following my previous post I took my car in to SEAT to have a look, the technician advised that there were no updates available to the head unit (same as VW, Audi, Skoda etc) and would be difficult to implement if there was. He also connected his iPhone, the music controls and display worked fine.

It appears the options are get an iPhone, roll back or wait and hope that 7.1.2 fixes this mess.

Learner
Message 143 of 149
Message 143 of 149

Yes, iPhone works fine. Also Samsung Galaxy 6,7 and 8. Also tried Huawei 7 lite and Huawei honor 8. They all works fine but my z5 premium doesn't. It's a Sony-problem and they don't care. As simply as that. No more Sony! Getting a Samsung s8+ this Friday. My car is a audi a3, 2014

Regular
Message 144 of 149
Message 144 of 149

Has anyone with this problem tried version 32.4.A.1.54

Does it fix the issue?

Learner
Message 145 of 149
Message 145 of 149

Still same issue! 

One time poster
Message 146 of 149
Message 146 of 149

Sadly it doesn't change anything.

Learner
Message 147 of 149
Message 147 of 149

Seriously disappointed that this hasn't been fixed. The XZ is my fourth Sony handset and I've loved every one. There's been 3 upgrades a since I've had the phone and no fix. I think I'll have to test out some different handsets next renewal 

Rookie
Message 148 of 149
Message 148 of 149

Re: Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth stereo audio connection not working. (A2DP transfer fails)

Android 7.1.1 here on Xperia Z5 dual.

I'd issue that bluetooth connect with headset, but it was impossible to get audio over bluetooth headset. Instead i get audio over the mono phone speaker (for your ear).

My solution is weird, but it works for me.

The application "Smart connect", remove as much as possible (profiles and devices)

Then goto Settings > Apps , select "Smart Connect" and click "Storage" then clear everything (data and cache). Then onestep back, then "force stop" and then "Disable".

Restart the Xperia, and all stereo headets, bluetooth car receivers (let's say all devices that use A2DP protocol) get the great HiFi stereo sound wireless over bluetooth.

I think the Sony app Smart Connect is buggy!

Apprentice
Message 149 of 149
Message 149 of 149

Re: Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth stereo audio connection not working. (A2DP transfer fails)

Finally this works perfect after my Xperia XZ2 Compact was upgraded to Android 9. All different upgrades from Android 7 up until end of 8 did not work with metadata transfer from Spotify to the soundsystem in my Honda CR-V 2014.