account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

One time poster
Message 131 of 149
Message 131 of 149

Re: Bluetooth Issues

Got the same problem after update, the connection to the car (Toyota Touch 2 with go) are not working, shame on SONY

if they do not take action on this problem asap.

Visitor
Message 132 of 149
Message 132 of 149

Tried,  doesn't help, they advise go to support shop.

Visitor
Message 133 of 149
Message 133 of 149

No 

One time poster
Message 134 of 149
Message 134 of 149

i have had it with this phone. and i have had with Sony.. between this and phone jack problems. I am convinced sony does not care about it's mobile platform. I have owned other Sony gear, and as a company i am no longer buying any products from them. They deserve to die and go out of business for putting crap on the market place. 

Apprentice
Message 135 of 149
Message 135 of 149

@Viron wrote:

After last update 32.4.A.0.160 Xperia Z5 doesnt connect to skoda octavia A7 FL 2017 (media system columbus mib 2.5) through bluetooth

Hi, 

So did you find a way to fix this problem? 

Thx

One time poster
Message 136 of 149
Message 136 of 149

Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth in my Seat Leon - Not showing Spotify metadata and controls not working

Whilst the only info I can find is that this was a know issue with the 7.0 Nougat update, and something to do with Xperia phones and AVRCP, I'm on 7.1.1 right now on my Z5 and my Bluetooth just isn't working 100% with my 2013 Seat Leon I just picked up

I can connect, play music, change volume, make calls through my contacts.

But my screen looks like this, and I have no control other than volume with my steering wheel, skipping songs has to be done physically with the phone:

http://i.imgur.com/EgO31Wd.jpg

Tried a Galaxy S7 and a Motorola Z Play and they work fine.  Full song info from Spotify, no weird display, I can skip songs back and forth.  Phone works fine.  Both I believe are on 7.1.1 as well.

So...what now?  It's not an issue with the Seat's software, this seems to be a Sony issue?

Learner
Message 137 of 149
Message 137 of 149

Re: Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth in my Seat Leon - Not showing Spotify metadata and controls not working

Same problem in my audi a3. Solution, Change phone. Never a Sony for me again.

They don't care about their customers.

Regular
Message 138 of 149
Message 138 of 149

Re: Z5 7.1.1 Bluetooth in my Seat Leon - Not showing Spotify metadata and controls not working

The official response from Sony has changed from factory reset your phone and reinstall everything to no avail to:

"We would like to inform you that the the bluetoth version got updated with the Android 7.0 and 7.1.1. Therefore we would suggest that you contact your car manufacturer to get the car's bluetooth upgraded to match the device. "

Looking on other forums, it appears it’s not just a Sony issue, have contacted SEAT, they say there may be an update although can’t get there until next week, will post back if I get anywhere.

Apprentice
Message 139 of 149
Message 139 of 149

Hi,

to what I saw on other sony forums, a lot of different cars have this issue ! 

So, the solution should come from the car constructor? (Volkswagen for me). 

Thanks for your update on this if Seat is able to fix this... 

(but l'm thinking, why is it only sony with audio Bluetooth issue?! Samsung or Nexus have no problem...) 

Regular
Message 140 of 149
Message 140 of 149

I have exactly the same car and exactly the same problem.  I've rolled back to Marshmallow to get it working.

I've heard that this is an Android issue that has been fixed in 7.1.2, so I guess I'll wait until that is released on the Z5.