account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

One time poster
Message 61 of 149
Message 61 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Hi! I also had similar Bluetooth problems after updating to 7.0

my car did not recognize media connection and on my bluetooth headphones only volume control was possible but no play/pause rev/ff.

This helped me and solved my problem:

I had to do a factory reset (beware of data loss)

I did not restore any data from the "save and restore" option for this time and checked the bluetooth connection and voilΓ , it worked like charm.

Then I just restored sms, calendar, call log, email accounts and my homescreen and it is still working. Ok i lost data this way but hey, Bluetooth is running again.

Hope this solutions helps somone too. Cheers

Learner
Message 62 of 149
Message 62 of 149

Re: Bluetooth issue after update Nougat Android 7.0

Similar problems here. Call audio and contacts are fine. I can stream music but cannot adjust volume or change tracks and there is no music info on screen. All these worked before the update and other phones work fine in car.

Please find a solution soon.
Learner
Message 63 of 149
Message 63 of 149

I have problems with bluetooth after latest update. Bluetooth shuts down from time to time, just by itself. Irritating while IΒ΄m using a smartwatch connecteds to my device. Do you have that experience also?

One time poster
Message 64 of 149
Message 64 of 149

Auto update last night and thoroughly p... O... I work from my car and now phone book, text messages etc etc won't sync can't make hands free calls. Worked fine yesterday. I want a fix not a factory reset so I can spend hours putting it back to the way it was. Not to mention I read the thread and reset doesn't work anyway. How can they mess this up so badly?
Learner
Message 65 of 149
Message 65 of 149

Can't control music on phone from Mazda 6 console

My Xperia Z5 Compact will only play music in the most basic way through my Mazda 5 (2014) infotainment setup. I can connect through Bluetooth but no information on the music on my phone is displayed and I can only play tracks by starting them playing on the phone. Then I can skip to the next track and occassionally track info is displayed but no song or artist lists. My son's cheap Moto phone works perfectly with full information and control, but for me the car is just a big bluetooth speaker. The car's software is the latest available for that model.

It's very dissapointing that a new phone and a fairly new car won't work together. I won't buy another Sony phone without trying it with the car first.

Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to fix it?

Learner
Message 66 of 149
Message 66 of 149

Re: Bluetooth handsfree audio disconnect when call connects

I have exactly the same problem after upgrade to .378. I hear the call signals in my BT headset but the speaker and mic stop working when the call is answered. I can switch over to telephone speaker and back again to  bluetooth, then the sound is back. With WiFi turned off it works perfect. I have tried different headset. Plantronic and Sony. But same result.

- Also tried to boot in safe mode, same result.

Regular
Message 67 of 149
Message 67 of 149

Re: Can't control music on phone from Mazda 6 console

I'm having the exact same problem on a Seat Leon.  Working fine before the latest Nougat update, but now I have no metadata or controls.

And Sony keep deleting threads about it from this forum.

One time poster
Message 68 of 149
Message 68 of 149

Another one reporting in. After nougat update I've seen bluetooth problems with:

- Opel infotainment system

- Skoda car audio system 

- Polar M450 bike computer

All were working before 7.0 update. Problems appeared in two Z5 compact phones. 32.3.A.0.378 has really pretty f**ked up bluetooth.

Visitor
Message 69 of 149
Message 69 of 149

Hi same here from the car. Only the volume,phone on/off works. I used to be able to see the music file names and in formation but now none of the data is displayed. Cannot pause,forward or back.

I also have a SBH-52 Bluetooth adapter that uses to work fine before the update. Now it only connects and control volume. Hope that Sony support teams release a fix for these issues.
Learner
Message 70 of 149
Message 70 of 149

Well, today it worked!!! I was really surprised, I don't know what happened but it worked. I think the Sonys team have made an update which fixed the problem.
Finally and after a month a solution came out.