account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

One time poster
Message 31 of 149
Message 31 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

After update to 7.0 bluetooth became very unstable and got hung and disconnected the headset.

When reading the forum I realized the problem is wifi and BT can't be active at the same time. If this problem is not solved I have no more confidence in Sony as mobile phone manufacturer.

Apprentice
Message 32 of 149
Message 32 of 149

I have the same poblem with my Xperia Z5C as everyone mention in this thread. BT and Car Audio doesnΒ΄t work after upgrade to Android 7.0. 

Hello Sony, is there anybody out there?! Or here?

I read Xperia Care Support Forum on top of this page but I wonder where the Sony reps are as there is no answer or suggestions from the people that should bring support to us Sony customers!

I will never again go for a new Android release by Sony before I have browsed and googled to check for any potential issues.

This is of course a shame that the quality control of a new release is so bad and that this kind of issue can happen for the most basic functions of a smartphone.

Learner
Message 33 of 149
Message 33 of 149

my plantronics legend disconected every few min after uppgrade to7...

i gave the bluetoth acces to phonebook in bluetooth menu and problem dissapeared...

One time poster
Message 34 of 149
Message 34 of 149

The audio control issue via Bluetooth (skip track: no; play/pause: no; volume change: ok) needs to be addressed asap. Please.
Learner
Message 35 of 149
Message 35 of 149

Re: Bluetooth headset issue after update to Nougat 7.0

I have exact same issue, mentioned in another thread. When call is connected, audio is lost. I have tested with 2 different headsets Plantronics BackBeat GO and Voyager. Test mode doesn't work. I also restored the phone to factory settings in pc companion, and it was still the same. (By the way, the PC companion backup/restore, are only able to restore a small part of the app settings. So I made myself a lot of work to set up my phone again, for nothing... Don't trust this backup tool)

The only workaround that works is to disable wifi, then everything works as before. I have a Z5.

Learner
Message 36 of 149
Message 36 of 149

Bluetooth handsfree audio disconnect when call connects

I posted a few posts regarding this earlier in other threads, but since this is a little bit different issue, I create a new thread for it.

After upgrading my Z5 to .378, the Bluetooth headset is dropping the audio when a call is connected. I have audio until the call is picked up at the other end. It also happens if I receive a call. The headset is not disconnected, I can still  hang up the call with the headset button. It's only the speaker and mic that stop working. The only workaround is to disable Wi-Fi, then everything works as before the upgrade. If I also in a call select handset/phone speaker then switch back to Bluetooth headset, I get the audio back. I have tested with 2 different headsets Plantronics BackBeat GO and Voyager.

- Tried to boot in safe mode, same result.

- Restored to factory default in pc companion, still same problem in clean install.

Forum Legend
Message 37 of 149
Message 37 of 149

Re: Bluetooth handsfree audio disconnect when call connects

if you already performed a software repair using XPERIA companion., then you can report this issue as a bug here: http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Learner
Message 38 of 149
Message 38 of 149

Rookie
Message 39 of 149
Message 39 of 149

Bluetooth problem

After updating to last version 32.3. A.0.376, my device failed to connect to my laptop, and my car Bluetooth device ( failed to donwenload contacts. Call history and sending Bluetooth files) I removed pairing then I did a new one but still same problem. Anyone faced this problem also??!
One time poster
Message 40 of 149
Message 40 of 149

I have the exact same problem in my car and one my Bose OC35 headset. But its only on outgoing calls, not incoming. As a temporary work around I do the following: when the guy on the other end picks up, I switch the audio from Bluetooth to the phone and back to Bluetooth, then I can hear what the person on the other end is saying. I know it’s a hassle, but you can use it until somebody comes up with a fix for this problem.

@oytu wrote:

I posted a few posts regarding this earlier in other threads, but since this is a little bit different issue, I create a new thread for it.

After upgrading my Z5 to .378, the Bluetooth headset is dropping the audio when a call is connected. I have audio until the call is picked up at the other end. It also happens if I receive a call. The headset is not disconnected, I can still  hang up the call with the headset button. It's only the speaker and mic that stop working. The only workaround is to disable Wi-Fi, then everything works as before the upgrade. If I also in a call select handset/phone speaker then switch back to Bluetooth headset, I get the audio back. I have tested with 2 different headsets Plantronics BackBeat GO and Voyager.

- Tried to boot in safe mode, same result.

- Restored to factory default in pc companion, still same problem in clean install.