account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Adviser
Message 21 of 149
Message 21 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

This isn't a surprise, they had loads of issues with the upgrade to 6 that wasn't fully fixed and low & behold the upgrade to 7 is the same.

Just don't expect a fix for a while
Learner
Message 22 of 149
Message 22 of 149

Bluetooth headset issue after update to Nougat 7.0

Jabra storm headset works uproperly after updating the phone z5. At the beginning of the call, while phone in the call process - looks good. I hear a saund and voice comands of device. But after answer to the call connection with headset is lost. Physically turning on the speeker of the phone and turning on Bluetooth device again - start to work well.
Emperor
Message 23 of 149
Message 23 of 149

Re: Bluetooth headset issue after update to Nougat 7.0

@Gintautas

could you test the devices inSafe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 24 of 149
Message 24 of 149

Before 2 days i has full working phone. From yesterday when is updated with 7.0 - 32.3.A.0.376 i have problems with Bluethooth and mirror screen in my car. I test factory reset and safe mode but nothing. When the phone is paired with the car is impossible to share the phone book. I mark Phonebook share , but is not activated. So when i recieve phone call, a see only number, not the name. Previous all of this was working perfect. Second is the mirror screen with usb or via hotspot. Previous was working, now is crashed the usb conection by activation. 

I test already with 3 different phones with Android 6.0 and all work perfect. 

What i can do ?

One time poster
Message 25 of 149
Message 25 of 149

Bluetooth problems after Nougat (android 7)

I installed new Android 7 (Nougat) after that my car Bluetooth system cannot download contacts from phone and Bluetooth audio (sending music) not working. On old android everything working. Telephone wipe and reinstall android not help. At the moment I suggest NOT update. Everybody should wait until somebody in Sony make they work correctly. 

One time poster
Message 26 of 149
Message 26 of 149

Re: Bluetooth problems after Nougat (android 7)

Same Problem After update, Sony Please help!
Adviser
Message 27 of 149
Message 27 of 149

Re: Bluetooth problems after Nougat (android 7)

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

I flashed my phone this morning to 32.3.A.0.378 and the problem is resolved as suspected. I did not want to do this as it voids my warranty, but I was left with no other option as Sony and O2 refused to admit there was a bug, despite the fact they'd patched it in this build!!

Learner
Message 28 of 149
Message 28 of 149

There is a workaround, but you have to be sure not to turn off your bluetooth on your phone...or you will have to do the procedure again.

First, open smart connect app on your phone. you will find the bluetooth accessory in the list.

keep pressing on it, then remove.

Second, clear all your apps in memory (I use fast reboot app) then close all apps.

Third, open smart connect one more time, press on the plus to add accessory..this will open bluetooth settings...pair your device.

The accessory will work now....hopefully. It works for me..(I use wireless headset pro mw1 and RM-X7bt car accessory).

Regular
Message 29 of 149
Message 29 of 149

Android 7 messed up Bluetooth volume control (Xperia Z5)

With the Android 7 update of my Xperia Z5, the volume control of Bluetooth devices had become very unbalanced. The step from level 3 to 4 is much too large, it goes from a slightly too low volume to way too loud. Is this Android itself, or the Sony implementation? It was fine in Android 6.
Learner
Message 30 of 149
Message 30 of 149

@Jimmy_121 wrote:

There is a workaround, but you have to be sure not to turn off your bluetooth on your phone...or you will have to do the procedure again.

First, open smart connect app on your phone. you will find the bluetooth accessory in the list.

keep pressing on it, then remove.

Second, clear all your apps in memory (I use fast reboot app) then close all apps.

Third, open smart connect one more time, press on the plus to add accessory..this will open bluetooth settings...pair your device.

The accessory will work now....hopefully. It works for me..(I use wireless headset pro mw1 and RM-X7bt car accessory).

Thanks man, that actually worked for me!