account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Learner
Message 1 of 149
Message 1 of 149

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Audio problem, wont connect to my 640 BMW 2016 , was perfectly working before the new update yesterday Jan 17, 2017, now no bluetooth audio connection πŸ€”

148 REPLIES 148
Apprentice
Message 2 of 149
Message 2 of 149

my mobile updated to nougat

Hi there everybody! yesterday my mobile (Z5c) has got an update to android 7. My fault to let it happed :-(

Now i see some issues - e.g. the bluetooth connection to my car audio got unstable and bluetooth music functions within the car audio won't work any more. Telephone pick up and hang up works fine. But if i touch the play/stop, back and forward buttons nothing happens. 

This is very nasty as i wont touch the mobile to skip a song - on the other hand it is dangerous and unsafe!

Does any one see similar issues after the upgrade from android 6 to 7?

btw. the last upgrade from 5 to 6 with my old Z3c was a disaster too. 

I will ask for support from SONY cause i have guarantee until 09/2017.

greetings

henkerle

Apprentice
Message 3 of 149
Message 3 of 149

SOLVED -- Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Try the factory reset. 

Do not forget to back up all your data before the factory reset.

in my case, this measure solved the issues.

greetings

Learner
Message 4 of 149
Message 4 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Unfortunately I tried the factory reset as you suggested but that did not solve the problem, I knew that it won't work but I went and tried.

Although I have lost some videos that I downloaded, I strongly Don't Recommend a factory reset.

Thanks for your help but it didn't work
Message 5 of 149
Message 5 of 149

Updated my Xperia Z5 Premium to 32.3.A.0.372 on Jan 17 and have regretted it ever since. AVRC protocol is definitely not working properly. Bluetooth audio devices will pair and connect and maintain the connection fine. But playback control is non-existent, which was something I used every few minutes. If I knew there was this significant Bluetooth issue I would have never taken the upgrade. Very pissed off. So my Bluetooth speakers, in-car handsfree and stereo headsets have less functionality than a wired stereo headset with 3 buttons.

Is Android 7.1.1 being worked on for release to the Xperia line and will it be released to the Z5's to fix the AVRC protocol problem?
One time poster
Message 6 of 149
Message 6 of 149

Sameproblem here with my Z5. Can listen to audio but not control either in my car, or with my Bluetooth headset. Also seems to be unreliable connecting to my garmin edge bike computer.
System update soon please.
Adviser
Message 7 of 149
Message 7 of 149

Find it unbelievable that Sony or whichever company they use to manage their software updates doing do full and proper testing before release to prevent all these issues.

Prehaps we should be thankful that they don't produce emergency medical equipment!!
Apprentice
Message 8 of 149
Message 8 of 149

switch does not work with bluetooth device

Z5 dual. After you upgrade to 7 android stopped to switch tracks while listening to music from a bluetooth device. wireless headphones, car audio. Devices tested, working, tested with another phone.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 149
Message 9 of 149

Re: switch does not work with bluetooth device

It recommends support for restore, but to no avail. Asks find devices compatible with android 7 -  samsung android 7- works, sony + android  7 - does not work! When will the correction?

Adviser
Message 10 of 149
Message 10 of 149

I have this exact same problem. I've done a lot of research now and it's clear Sony are aware. Users on other carriers have had the problem resolved with a build update 39.2.A.0.417. I've called both O2 and Sony on this and they deny all knowledge. It's utterly ridiculous that Sonys own technical teams have no knowledge of their own patch release notes and known bugs. There's no fix for this until your carrier release the above patched build.