account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Learner
Message 101 of 149
Message 101 of 149

Re: Bluetooth so bad went back to Marshmallow

I used Flashtool and it can generate a mm ftf to flash

Inhabitant
Message 102 of 149
Message 102 of 149

Android 7.0 build 32.3.A.0.376 Bluetooth keeps dropping

updated to build 32.3.A.0.376 yesterday...

nothing i like so far.

1. small apps moved to top left corner. now i need 3 taps to get to the small app i want.. duh!

2. bluetooth connect with my car became patchy. media connection is totally impossible. was working smoothyl prior to this update. Patch please!

so why was this build released again?

Regular
Message 103 of 149
Message 103 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Got a system update today, build number is now 32.3.A.2.33, but Bluetooth volume issue (volume increase between steps 3 and 4 is too large) is still there. Not sure what was in the update, but Sony surely didn't take into account all the complaints on this forum about BT not working correctly...

Highlighted
Regular
Message 104 of 149
Message 104 of 149

Today my phone spontaneously decided to alter BT volume for my headphones, now the steps are more fine-grained which is good but the maximum volume is now lower than it was before, which is odd. I don't need my headphones to be very loud, fortunately, but it worries me that the whole BT volume setting just changed while using the phone. 

Visitor
Message 105 of 149
Message 105 of 149

Similar problem on mine...

It works but it does not Start again after thé phone was closed

...need to activate again

One time poster
Message 106 of 149
Message 106 of 149

Re: Bluetooth disconnects during call

Same problem. Each update make me ungry. now after 30 sec. my connection with Toyota is gone. 

One time poster
Message 107 of 149
Message 107 of 149

Bluetooth is not pairing with my bluetooth device after a recent undate

After phone updated recently, is not longer pairing with my Bluetooth device. How can I fix it? Or reverse the update? 

Inhabitant
Message 108 of 149
Message 108 of 149

Z5 Compact does not work with Mazda's car infotainment system (MZD Connect) after Nougat update

Since the Nougat 7.0 update on my Z5 Compact my Mazda car infotainment system (MZD Connect with latest Firmware Version 56.00.513) does not work correctly with my phone anymore. The phone is connected via Bluetooth to the car infotainment system.

Z5c Firmware: 32.3.A.2.33, Customized DE, 1298-1220

Only calls are transferred to the car infotainment system and at least they are working.

Issues:

- Phonebook is not downloaded to the car infotainment system (maybe once when you try it 100 times)

- Call history is not available on the car infotainment system anymore

- SMS are not displayed on the car infotainment system anymore (no messaging access to the phone anymore)

- Emails are not displayed on the car infotainment system anymore (no messaging access to the phone anymore)

The problem remain exactly the same after restart the phone and remain the same in safe mode as well! Delete Bluetooth pairing on both devices and do it again does not help. I made it more than 100 times in the meantime and it can be that it works only once out of 100 times! But when you disconnect the phone and reconnect it when you drive the car the next time it does not work again.

With Android 6.0.1, the same phone and the same car it was working.

Since Nougat 7.0 it does not work anymore. The only difference is the firmware update on the phone!

Is there at least any workaround for this issue? Any recommendations?

Sony please fix this Bluetooth issue asap.

Regular
Message 109 of 149
Message 109 of 149

Re: Z5 Compact does not work with Mazda's car infotainment system (MZD Connect) after Nougat update

Several others are having this problem, and Sony are completely silent about it.

I asked support when a patch would be coming out.  They told me there was one, but couldn't give me any timescale.  I'm assuming it's a fix in the 7.1.1 update which the X series has already received.

Inhabitant
Message 110 of 149
Message 110 of 149

Re: Z5 Compact does not work with Mazda's car infotainment system (MZD Connect) after Nougat update

Today I found that everything works well with my Mazda car infotainment system (SMS, phonebook and call history) when I delete any email accounts and deactivate the stock email app on my Z5c!

I assume the SONY stock email app or some email accounts in the app are in conflict with the car infotainment system. Thus emails are not synchronised with the car infotainment system and SMS and other services are influenced by this as well!

I will further test this and add my email accounts one by one to find out if a certain email account is the root cause or if there is a problem as soon as there is more than one account in the app.