account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Genius
Message 91 of 149
Message 91 of 149

Re: Bluetooth disconnects during call

@Pedred I know it's annoying and it can also be dangerous. Try rebooting your phone in safe mode

Also, one test you can do is to try disabling wifi or, rather than doing a software reset you may try doing a software repair using Xperia Companion

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Learner
Message 92 of 149
Message 92 of 149

Re: Bluetooth won't connect to car for phoning after recent upgrade

I am not an expert, but I researched the possibilities.

Probably I will wait till mid april so see if Sony really publishes the rumored fix to the problem.

Currently I am risiking a hefty fine when using the phone in the car, as I have to take it into my hands for dialing and cannot use the integrated car system because of the bluetooth issue.

If there is not any fix soon, I will probably invest the effort to install an earlier version of Android. Comparing between Version 5, 6 and 7, there is no new functionality which is really useful for me. But there is a major drawback between Version 5 and 6 / 7: In order to use my health tracker (watch) which connects via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) ,  I have to turn on GPS with Version 6 and 7 in order to sync. So there is the privacy issue (why do they need to know where I sleep, do sports,...) and the problem of energy drain of the phone. A day with GPS turned on is too much for most of the newer phones. Therefore my way would be to go back to version 5. I hope this helps.

One time poster
Message 93 of 149
Message 93 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Since the android update, my Mini cooper 2015 keeps rebooting, during calls and playback of music. BMW say it's the phone. 

Is anyone going to admit to the problem

Highlighted
Learner
Message 94 of 149
Message 94 of 149

I have the same car, and same model year, and almost the same problem, the car stereo doesn't reboot, just connects/disconnects. Tried 2 other phones (iPhone SE on iOS 10.3 and Lumia 930 on WP10) both work without issues.

I just hope it won't take a couple of months to fix it, since the Z5 is basically useless to me as it is now.

--update--

so I did what YoGem suggested a few posts earlier an tried : - software repair -

and guess what it worked... to a point. Bluetooth connection is available again and seems stable.

However there is a _major_ downside to this, as I also just found out:

Sony provides the most useless backup solution in existence. It basically backs up _NOTHING_ useful no email settings, no apps, no app settings, no Homescreen settings. So you end up with a more or less pristine phone, but it's nice if you have to reconfigure your Authenticator apps, every single mail account, every app etc..

Learner
Message 95 of 149
Message 95 of 149

I can confirm now that with the 32.3.A.2.33 update the bluetooth issue is gone!!! now everything works flawlessly.

Regular
Message 96 of 149
Message 96 of 149

The AVRCP issue is still there in 32.3.A.2.33.  Car controls and metadata still do not work.

One time poster
Message 97 of 149
Message 97 of 149

Mine worked flawlessly for 4 hours. Now absolutely useless again. 

Learner
Message 98 of 149
Message 98 of 149

Same thing for me, worked after factory reset/software repair for a while and now I'm back to connect/disconnect loop.

Learner
Message 99 of 149
Message 99 of 149

Bluetooth so bad went back to Marshmallow

I have a Gear S2 and it absolutely 100% refuses to work on my z5 under nougat ... just used Flashtool to go back to MM and it works.... flawlessly

But under nougat no chance. after resets, software repairs... still absolute nightmare. Takes about 3 hours to pair and then the slightest hiccup will mean it loses pairing and refuses to reconnect until a reset

Anyone else having BT issues this bad?

One time poster
Message 100 of 149
Message 100 of 149

Re: Bluetooth so bad went back to Marshmallow

Could you give me instruction how to update Marshmallow backwards? I have some problems with Bluetooth too.