account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Apprentice
Message 81 of 149
Message 81 of 149

Re: Xperia z5 no audio playing while connected via bluetooth

Hi my Xperia is now working properly when connecting to Bluetooth either manual or NFC, I simply disable the Smart Connect app, my guess is, the app is interfering the normal Bluetooth connection while making it automatic when set by the user, and even if it is not set. I think the Smart Connect has a bug or something.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 82 of 149
Message 82 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

I have a similar issue in my car, since the update to 7.0, the phone will connect for call audio, but media audio will go in a connect/disconnect loop. Every update from Sony seems to break the bluetooth connectivity, had it happen before with 6.0.1.

This is beyond annyoing when you're using the phone as a media player. I tried the different fixes that people here reported (wifi off, smart connect disable, reset network settings etc.) but I refuse to factory reset, it's just too much of a hassle to reconfigure everything, and previous experience says the next update will just end up breaking it again.

One time poster
Message 83 of 149
Message 83 of 149

Re: Xperia z5 no audio playing while connected via bluetooth

Hello, i did test on the smart connection Toom, but still des not work. Same bad behaviour!
Regards
Visitor
Message 84 of 149
Message 84 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

Yes Google knows from this problem and is putting the fix (3rd party connection) in the update 7.1.1 I gues we have to be patient
One time poster
Message 85 of 149
Message 85 of 149

Issues about bluetooth and autofocus after update to Nougat 7.0 (32.3.A.0.376)

Updated my Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) to 32.3.A.0.376. AVRC protocol is definitely not working properly. Bluetooth audio devices will pair and connect and maintain the connection fine. But playback control is non-existent, which was something I used. So my Bluetooth speakers, in-car handsfree and stereo headsets have less functionality than a wired stereo headset with 3 buttons.

The second issue is camera touch focus. The camera focuses on the center of the screen when I touch the screen to take a picture. The camera would do the focus to the point I had touched the screen beforehand.

Learner
Message 86 of 149
Message 86 of 149

Bluetooth not sharing web connection

Calls with bluetooth works well in my car.

Web hotspot with Bluetooth works well with android 6.0 in my Toyota RAV4 2017.

Since the update to Nougat 7.0 built 32.3.A.0.376 the hotspot with Bluetooth doesn't work.

It is really the update which doesn't work because my second Sony Xperia Compact Z5 with 6.0 works well in the same car at the same moment.

Regards.

Visitor
Message 87 of 149
Message 87 of 149

Incar bluetooth trouble since last update

Since the last update my Sony Z5 is now not compatible with my Sony incar radio via Bluetooth, calls and text messages have been working fine but now it says " this unit does not support this model via Bluetooth "
Learner
Message 88 of 149
Message 88 of 149

Re: Incar bluetooth trouble since last update

I have the same problem! I have a Jeep w Uconnect stereo. Bluetooth phone works, but all controls for music are disabled. Can't even adjust the volume.
One time poster
Message 89 of 149
Message 89 of 149

Re: Incar bluetooth trouble since last update

Same problem
One time poster
Message 90 of 149
Message 90 of 149

Bluetooth disconnects during call

So as stated Bluetooth drops during a call, usually 30 seconds into a call but anytime really. It reconnects again maybe 30 or 60 seconds later and will continue dropping in and out. Scoured the Internet for a solution and tried multiple reset but no joy. I have it connected to both van and motorcycle helmet and both do the same so it has to be the phone. This is calls only, music doesn't drop out. Pretty convinced this is software related from the nougat update. Any new ideas. Pretty sure I will have tried most suggestions but this is more of a moan to Sony to get there in gear and fix it before I end up with 6 points and fines for changing my audio output settings whilst driving before clients hang up.