account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

One time poster
Message 71 of 149
Message 71 of 149

Re: Bluetooth audio won't connect after update to Android 7.0

I have the same issue, I did a complete software repair last night, but i still only have build 32.3.A.0.376. Once the phone is switched on I have to go in and have to first of all manually connect to Ford Sync in Car (it wont connect automatically). If i leave the phone switched on it will connect again when I get into the car later. But if I restart or turn off the phone it will not automatically connect to car and sometime phone bluetooth does not even switch on, on restart, eventhough it was switched on when the phone was shut down.

Very dissapointed that no one from Sony can be bothered to actually comment on this thread.

I see this as a potentially dangerous issue, if you dont have the correct bluetooth link/connection it will cause distraction whilst driving and we all know what that can lead to.

Come on Sony I think everyone needs to be kept updated.

Adept
Message 72 of 149
Message 72 of 149

Z5 after Update not usable with VW car Bluetooth

I updateted to Android 7 and I regret every single day.

Now it is not possible to use my Z5 in a simple way with my buit in car handsfree in my 2016 VW Passat. Before with android 6 it worked perfectly.

Most annoying issues are:

- Contacts from Adress book can´t  be sorted by Family name any more. Regardless what I set in car bluetooth or phone.

- Contacts with more than one phone number are cut and there are up to four entries in car adress book. One entry for every numer and one with three numbers.

- Home / office / private / mobile  entries of phone numbers are mixed randomly. I call mobile and get office number.

A2DP doesn´t connect any more.

Please Sony fix this immediately. I need my phone for every day business.

Regards

P.S.: Please don´t advise me to reset my phone and to do an emergency repair. First of all I don´t have so much time to waist and second this won´t change anything. Just fix it Sony!

Genius
Message 73 of 149
Message 73 of 149

Re: Z5 after Update not usable with VW car Bluetooth

@gregorg1 - I tried mine with my Dodge Durango and all was fine, I can still sort and get A2DP to work just fine.

Now I understand how frustrating is to perform a software repair, believe me I hate to do it but after a software update things can break - this is not Sony's fault but Android.

If many Sony reps advise to perform a software repair is that because they know it's the right solution after a major software update.

My personal advice as user is to try to reset just the contacts app (Settings, Apps, Contacts, Storage: Clear cache, clear data), you could also trying repairing the phone with your in dash unit... But if after all this you are unable to operate your device the way you like I am afraid the only way to resolve the issue is performing a software repair.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Apprentice
Message 74 of 149
Message 74 of 149

Xperia z5 no audio playing while connected via bluetooth

Hi, anyone having the same problem when connected to any Bluetooth speaker device no audio or sound is playing. Only removing the "Call Audio" on Bluetooth/used for, also restarting the phone but still reoccurring.

Any ideas how to remove permanently?
One time poster
Message 75 of 149
Message 75 of 149

Re: Xperia z5 no audio playing while connected via bluetooth

Hi There, been having the same problem for at least a month since the last update. Even worse I can no longer connect my TomTom Sports watch, connect to my Audi car or works Renault van.
Contacted Sony via email, all they say is they are working on it, Great!!!!! Really helpful, don't roll back to factory settings it does nothing still as bad.
Mick
Highlighted
Regular
Message 76 of 149
Message 76 of 149

Did you try and disable WiFi when connecting via BlueTooth? It seems to have resolved BlueTooth connection issues for some.

Apprentice
Message 77 of 149
Message 77 of 149

Yes, still the same. The only way to make it works again if you restart the phone and/or remove the "Call Audio" function of the Bluetooth connection leaving only "media audio". Cant play normally without tweeking or something, very much hassle even using NFC for instant connectivity.
One time poster
Message 78 of 149
Message 78 of 149

Problem bluetooh multimedia nougat N

Hello since the update in nougat the multimedia Bluetooth and SMS reception on my vehicle no longer works, this walk very well before I have volvo xc60. Do I have to change mobile brand.?
Welcome
Learner
Message 79 of 149
Message 79 of 149

Re: Problem bluetooh multimedia nougat N

Can Sony please provide an update.  Its obviously a bug with the android 7 upgrade so why not update the community?

Very bad show from a company I 'had' high expectations of.

One time poster
Message 80 of 149
Message 80 of 149

Problems with bluetoothmedia, car hifi cant connect

Since update to android 7 my sony device and audi mmi cant connect to the z5.
With other mobiles it works well.