account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth audio stutter after marshmallow update

Learner
Message 301 of 395
Message 301 of 395

Re: Bluetooth audio stutter after marshmallow update

Spoke too soon.  I spent 4 hours this week using Companion's "Software repair" to wipe/format/update my phone.  This process has solved the problem according to a few posts.

I connected my BT headset today, and sure enough, skipping/stuttering exists.  I'm now level 10 angry about spending $500 on this phone.

Learner
Message 302 of 395
Message 302 of 395

Sony Support Chat transcript:

Agent Jason:  Thank you for that information, well we don't have that as a common issues

Me:  301 reportings isn't common?

Me:  i'm encredibly frustrated to pay $500 on a phone that is effectively useless

Agent Jason:  Sorry that you feel that way

Agent Jason:  In that case we recommend you to try a factory data reset by going to settings> backup & reset> factory data reset, but please keep in mind that process erases the internal memory of the phone so please back it up first. In case that does not work then please do a software repair to fix any glitch that could be causing this problem, in a couple of minutes you will receive instructions via email

Me:  yeah, as i posted, i spent 4 hours using Sony's Companion software (which I was told would fix the issue) and it essentially changed nothing.

Me:  completely wiped/formatted

Agent Jason:  In that case what we can recommend you is to call our support line at the phone # 866-766-9374 to send the phone in for an evaluation

Agent Jason:  Since we are already closed what we can recommend you is to call tomorrow

Me:  really disappointing experience overall with Sony.

Agent Jason:  Sorry that you feel that way

Agent Jason:  Have I answered all of your questions today or is there anything else I can help you with?

Me:  For the record, no. But thanks anyway.
Apprentice
Message 303 of 395
Message 303 of 395

My phone is exactly the same, since the update to lollipop, Bluetooth is a nightmare.find myself having to clear cache with power volume up buttons more and more. Can't believe sent haven't solved this issue yet. I have sony z5.sony z3 tablet, Sony tv and soundbar and issues repeated on all. Please sort this asap. Oh and sony car stereo which also does it on with phone.
Learner
Message 304 of 395
Message 304 of 395

I have both Z5 and Z3 compact. I listen a lot of music with bluetooth and now both phones are useless for this. Please Sony fix it!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 305 of 395
Message 305 of 395

Got my update a couple weeks ago, and still not resolved. Tried wiping and starting again using Xperia companion. Tried restarting in safe mode, using different bluetooth devices. Still nothing

For a £500+ device i did expect better. Thought i would wait and hold out, but still getting the same problem.

Audio over bluetooth is just unreliable. It got so bad it took over 10 mins to finish a 3 min song!

Sony, unfortunatly your customer service (and device quality, phone is bending!) has gone downhill. I do not hold out much hope for your X range. Hope you listen to these comments i and so many others have made. And pick up your game.

As one of the more premium brands, we do expect more.

One time poster
Message 306 of 395
Message 306 of 395

The upcoming update is it gonna be released on Sony z5 only or is it gonna be released to all Sony devices that experiencing this problem like Sony Z3 tablet WiFi?I experience the same problem on this tablet after mm update and I did a software repair using sony's companion a week ago...

Adept
Message 307 of 395
Message 307 of 395

Had problems with stuttering blutooth audio with car, jbl and bose blutooth devices. First I thought it was the new stamina mode. Disabled it and rebooted, continued to stutter the music which was played via Spotify. I started to unoptimise the apps and other stuff. Now I unoptimised Spotify, everything related to blutooth and also qualcomm related stuff since I thought that stuttering occured mostly when the phone was loading instagram, Facebook or chrome page. Rebooted and hadnt had stuttering or anything for an hour of streaming music with bose blutooth speaker.
Adept
Message 308 of 395
Message 308 of 395

Mightve been the booting that did the trick, sorry. Still no stuttering but by reading this should occur again after day or two.
One time poster
Message 309 of 395
Message 309 of 395

Adding myself to the list of people with this problem.

At this stage I'm really regretting upgrading my Z3 to the supposedly superior Z5 as I can't listen to music with any of the four bluetooth devices I own (and two of them are Sony!!)

Extremely poor performance on Sony's part - 1, not acknowledging the problem and 2, not fixing it.

Visitor
Message 310 of 395
Message 310 of 395

Since my upgrade to marshmallow I have the same issue. Worked fine on lollipop but now everything I play via Bluetooth stutters terribly. It's so bad that I end up turning it off. Music works fine otherwise just via Bluetooth. And I use various music applications. I'm suitably not impressed...want to go back to lollipop!!!!!