account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth audio stutter after marshmallow update

Regular
Message 221 of 395
Message 221 of 395

Re: Bluetooth audio stutter after marshmallow update

I confirm, setting in MM DHCP client retention of the previous version (Lollipop), the problem of the continuous connections, disconnections and  loop of throw application, in my Z5, it is over. Now is all OK and bluetooth works regulary.

try:
settings - Developer options - using the previous DHCP client - ON

Adept
Message 222 of 395
Message 222 of 395

i confirm that even reverting to LP DHCP client, i've stuttering when browsing album, or scrooling down on instagram for example. 

i confirm that even this workaround is irrelevant with BT stuttering issue.

One time poster
Message 223 of 395
Message 223 of 395

I also have this problem, unfortunately any of described below workarounds doesn't work for me (even reboot).  It occurs when I play music on sony player. Everything is ok when I listen to music from spotify (maybe because the music is poorer quality). I use sony devices MDR 1-ABT headphones and SRS-X55 speaker.I bought Xperia Z5 because I thought it will be works perfectly with Sony devices and I'm also curious how LDAC works. But now I am very disapointed.

Learner
Message 224 of 395
Message 224 of 395

Same problem. Sony z4 tablet wifi SGP 712 + sony mdr -1abt. Bluetooth setting LDAC audio surround (VPT) - Stutter... Stutter.... Stutter.... NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!! 

One time poster
Message 225 of 395
Message 225 of 395

I'm having the same stuttering Bluetooth audio when connecting my brand new Xperia Z5 Compact with a basic Craig Bluetooth speaker. I had not had any audio problems with this speaker for a couple of years when pairing with my old Samsung Galaxy S3.

I called Sony Xperia Support, and they suggested that I install Xperia Companion and run a full software repair. I did so. The problem was present immediately when testing after the repair. I called Support back. At first he told me that because my phone was grey market and was manufactured in Germany, that I needed to find the Sony repair facility in Germany. He said that Sony does not fix grey market phones in the US. He didn't even have a phone number for me to call and suggested that I "google germany sony repair." I questioned the process and whether or not it was even necessary or effective to have my brand new phone "repaired" when it appears to be a software problem in nature. I pointed out this forum thread as he was apparently unaware that this was a widespread problem.  He put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back at said that Sony is aware of the problem and is working on it. He couldn't tell me when, but that they hoped to fix it in the next update. 

Now I have to decide whether or not to return my "grey market" phone to Amazon, or cross my fingers and hope Sony comes up with a fix soon. : /

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 226 of 395
Message 226 of 395

If you read back a few, I believe it was mentioned that an update was in the works. Sometime in June I think
Enthusiast
Message 227 of 395
Message 227 of 395

@CaliJ wrote:

I'm having the same stuttering Bluetooth audio when connecting my brand new Xperia Z5 Compact with a basic Craig Bluetooth speaker. I had not had any audio problems with this speaker for a couple of years when pairing with my old Samsung Galaxy S3.

I called Sony Xperia Support, and they suggested that I install Xperia Companion and run a full software repair. I did so. The problem was present immediately when testing after the repair. I called Support back. At first he told me that because my phone was grey market and was manufactured in Germany, that I needed to find the Sony repair facility in Germany. He said that Sony does not fix grey market phones in the US. He didn't even have a phone number for me to call and suggested that I "google germany sony repair." I questioned the process and whether or not it was even necessary or effective to have my brand new phone "repaired" when it appears to be a software problem in nature. I pointed out this forum thread as he was apparently unaware that this was a widespread problem.  He put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back at said that Sony is aware of the problem and is working on it. He couldn't tell me when, but that they hoped to fix it in the next update. 

Now I have to decide whether or not to return my "grey market" phone to Amazon, or cross my fingers and hope Sony comes up with a fix soon. : /

Strongly suggest getting the Amazon service and possibly getting another Android phone. I have always had good and easy Amazon support. Good luck.

Message 228 of 395
Message 228 of 395

I manage to solve this Bluetooth shuttering problem by factory reset my Z5p and use the phone as brand new. Only restore the messaging and WhatsApp. Hope that help. 

Before that I did multiple times of software repair and once I restore all my backup, the Bluetooth screwed me up again. So I suspect there some apps that causes the crashed. 

Regular
Message 229 of 395
Message 229 of 395

I think Browniefloppy has highlighted an important step. After that everything was fine for about a week, suddenly, in my Z5 MM reappears bluetooth problem; having just read the post Browniefloppy, I inactive the app only recently restarted after a general reset and  bluetooth restarts normal operating. I'll continue to monitor developments around the preobabile incompatibilities between the software and some apps that i've installed (in particular applications for the cleaning and maintenance of memory).

One time poster
Message 230 of 395
Message 230 of 395

I've bought MDR-1ABT last week for my z5, and I was surprised by enterruptions in playback.

At first I thought that it was headphones issue, but it works perfectly with laptop.

Then I thought that it was fancy LDAC issue, because headphones connect to my laptop using aptX codec

2016-05-26 в 17.11.30.png

But I didn't fount how to turn off LDAC codec on z5.

I tried to use some advices from this topic, but only reboot helps, temporarily of course.

Waiting for updates, I guess...