account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth audio stutter after marshmallow update

Adept
Message 131 of 395
Message 131 of 395

Re: Bluetooth poor performance

Classic... I've the same issue as many others in similar BT problem threads.

One time poster
Message 132 of 395
Message 132 of 395

Re: Bluetooth audio stutter after marshmallow update

i'd like to add my voice to this thread. Since the MM update i've had so many problems with this phone that i'm regretting buying it, my first and last sony.

The bluetooth stuttering is probably the most annoying, i mean come on, i paid nearly $1000 for this phone and it cant even stream music to my car stereo properly. My galaxy s2 was slow but atleast it could play music properly.

Adept
Message 133 of 395
Message 133 of 395

@helidude wrote:

i'd like to add my voice to this thread. Since the MM update i've had so many problems with this phone that i'm regretting buying it, my first and last sony.

For me too. I bought it out of compulsion as wanted dual sim with mem card in high end phone. But it turns out that LG G4 would have been a better choice. My wife is using G4 and it runs buttery smooth after upgrading to MM. G4 costed me appros $527(35000INR) and my Z5DP costed $902(59900INR). And look at their performances and frequancy of releasing updates. And the worst part is, Sony despite of being aware of all these annoying bugs in their update, are not even ready to apologise or release updates as and when they solve those bugs one by one.
Imagine a simple dual sim dual ringtone feature has been removed in this update killing work and home calls separation. Here in this very forum when I raised this issue I was told that "platform doesn't support this feature and hence it has been removed and won't be added any further", instead of accepting their goofups and bugs. CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!!!!! Definitely my last Sony phone and I'm planning to spread the words also on social sites if I don't receive an apology along with bug fixing by the end of May and that aplogy from Sony itself and not this forum moderators.

Regular
Message 134 of 395
Message 134 of 395

Seems to me that the stuttering is caused by the Internet connection. It appears only when I'm using Chrome, syncing email or using other apps that require Internet. Maybe this will be useful for investigating this issue.
Message 135 of 395
Message 135 of 395

It's not, it occurs even if you disable WiFi and Mobile Date and play a file from the local flash storage.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 136 of 395
Message 136 of 395

Adding my coin to the hat.

Xperia Z5 running MM, Connected to many bluetooth devices. A Sony MEX4100BT car stereo, a Mrice campers bluetooth speaker.Sony SBH50 bluetooth headphones.
All have the same stuttering over playback. Sometimes It is just unplayable.
Used many different apps,

Youtube, Play music, Stock music. Planet Rock app.

All have the same issue. No matter if i stream or play from device. Even updated the firmware on the car stereo and SBH50 headphones, didnt help. Resetting the phone in safemode diddnt help. Re flashing the phone to MM again no help.

Hopefully this can be solved soon. Always had high respect for Sony, but in a "premium" device such as the Z5.. this shouldnt be.

Regular
Message 137 of 395
Message 137 of 395

Same for me, using bluetooth Jaybird 2x and enjoying music from spotify / soundcloud is difficult. The stuttering start when you just open a new tab like chrome, snapchat etc. Have to admitt that I missing an official statement from Sony.

One time poster
Message 138 of 395
Message 138 of 395

I have had problems with my Z5P and the connection to my bluetooth headphones (Parrot Zik) since day 1. My old Samsung Note 2 never had any problem.

The Sony Z5 bluetooth drivers got to be the worst kind of rubbish ever. Sooooo many people are complaining and they can't fix the problem. It is right ridiculous.

Inhabitant
Message 139 of 395
Message 139 of 395

On a positive note, my network (O2) has been fantastic in handling my case.

The store manager actually liased with the regional sales manager for Xperia to enquire about the issue and cc'd me into all the emails.

Essentially they acknowledged three issues, the bluetooth audio issue, power saving mode issue and one other, but the message was that there was no fix on the roadmap...

In any case my network went completely above and beyond and allowed me to return my Sony Z5 Premium and sever my contract.

So back to Samsung I shall go!

Top Marks to O2.

Enthusiast
Message 140 of 395
Message 140 of 395

MM introduced more problems instead of fixing them. I really should have stayed in lollipop. There is no benefit of MM, only more problems. The camera issue wasn't resolved and now I get this bluetooth issue I never had before. Does Sony acknowledge it, yes..will they fix it, I doubt. I no longer have faith in sony...and like many others will eventually switch to Samsung or some other brand