account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bendgate Xperia Z5 Premium- Sony Singapore claims its my fault

Emperor
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Bendgate Xperia Z5 Premium- Sony Singapore claims its my fault

@BilalSethi

Now try to google the same but instead of Xperia Sony etc type Samsung galaxy or htc or lg or iphone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

@uliwooly

Thanks for your concern but I dont need to search for those devices as the bend I expericned is the Sony Xpheria Z5 Premium that I purchased. Not the LG, not the HTC, not the Samsung, not the iPhone.......

When I buy my next phone i will surly view those videos

regards.

Bilal

Emperor
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

@BilalSethi

Anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Hi,

What ever it is, this will not happen within over night it has to be over certain period of time.

If the phone body structure is bad. I think i may be the first one to experience problem, because i often put the phone on my back pocket too.

I have to be honest or maybe i'm lucky, I dont have that problem. I'm not siding anyone, but this is not a defect where to encounter it out of the box. It happens after user using it for a prolong period of time.

Highlighted
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Rocket science for beginners, vol 1:

ANY metal framed phone, when sat on, will bend.
Thank-you.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sage
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Maybe Wolverine could toss you some adamantium. Slightly smiling Face 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

@BilalSethi,

I understand your frustration with this matter @BilalSethi, but please understand that this is a user forum. While we can discuss whether or not we believe this should be covered, nobody here is going to be able to reverse the decision of your warranty claim. You will have to take this matter up with your local support team

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Well said, I have the same issue and usual Sony want nothing to do with it. My phone has two bends, one at each side of power button. Ever so slight but there. I have a good case and have done since day one. It's a manufacturing fault, why don't they just admit it! 

No wonder Apple has taken the market. 

Sony don't want to take responsibility for the problem, don't mind taking your money though. Never there fault always the customers fault, bad bad customer service. Always been that way. 

I won't be buying another Sony phone or product again. 

Emperor
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

@Ianh8

This is an old post, I'm sorry if you have problems with your unit but the phone can't bend on it's own, you should contact your Local support as this is a global user based forum.