account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery life and video resolution...

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Battery life and video resolution...

Hi all,

Am I the only person who is really disappointed with the battery life on the Z5?

I've 'upgraded' from an LG G2 and I expected the Z5 battery to be as good as or at least comparable with the G2 but it would appear not.

It's actually quite funny how bad it is, especially when you consider Sony's claim of it lasting two days. I'm not even getting a full day out of it with moderate usage!

I've only had it since Sunday and I've never had a phone where the battery life has improved over time so is this as good as it's ever going to be or is it likely to be a firmware issue or something that Sony can resolve over time?

Also, I can't see any way to set the resolution when recording videos. I've seen the 4K option but is there no option to change the resolution/frame rate when recording 'standard' resolution videos? How do I know if I'm recording in 1080p@60fps?

Cheers Slightly smiling Face

5 REPLIES 5
Learner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery life and video resolution...

I've answered my own question about the video resolution - should have Googled before asking here.

Didn't know you had to put it in manual mode before you could access the resolution settings!

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

No your not the only one. Got my z5 yesterday full charge last  night and I was down at 20% by 4pm today. Last time I had a battery this bad was the iPhone 3.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi Marcp85, welcome to the community!

I advise charging your handset to 100% and letting it drain down to 10%, then check what is using the most battery under Settings > Power management > Battery usage.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

i dont have any battery issues tbh im suprised how good it is ...however i got touch screen problems ...  

i talked on the phone for 2h 30mins and i  had 93% left ... facebook snapchat whatsapp i use them all .... and when the day is over i had around 65%ish left ... and im happy with that .. 

Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Same battery issues here! Had the z2 before this phone. I wanted a upgrade. Z5 feels like a downgrade. Acknowledge the battery issues Sony!