account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery drain with corrupt statistics

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Battery drain with corrupt statistics

In the last week my Z5 has started draining the battery.  It now only lasts for about 7 hours before hitting the 30% warning.

If I look at the battery usage screen it always shows Bluetooth at about 96% with no other apps listed.

If I look at the battery usage for a single app, for example Facebook which I have used a lot today, it shows 0%

So this makes it very hard to work out what is draining the battery.

Any suggestions?

Model: E6653

Android version: 7.1.1

Security patch level 1 September 2017

Kernel Version 3.10.84-perf-g99199bc BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Fri Aug 18 15:21:50 2017

Vodafone UK

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Battery drain with corrupt statistics

@JamesSEH

That's quite rare, what I would do is to repair the phone with XC and double check 

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I have not yet tried the full reset (I would regard that as a last resort).  However I discovered something else at the weekend.

I was in a shopping centre and I received bluetooth .txt messages from shops.  This should not happen as my phone should not be visible (it is only supposed to be visible when I am on the bluetooth setting screen).

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@JamesSEH did u checked this behavior in safe mode? Without sd card?  and i would like to suggest u to turn off wifi and Bluetooth scanning under location settings!! Hope This could solve ur issue!! Gud day Upside-down Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I'm having the exact same problem, trying the reset to fix the issue, will let know if it helps. 

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I can tell right away that the battery usage glitch is not gone, the phone has been reset for about 15 min with the Bluetooth turned on and it shows that 98% of battery usage is by Bluetooth. 

It will probably drain the battery the saem way it did before.

Would need some help with this.

Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Cleared the Bluetooth Share app data yesterday and turned off Bluetooth scanning and now Bluetooth isn't showing up in the battery statistics anymore. Seems to be ok for now.

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have the same z5p BT battery drain. Haven't been able to solve it. So I brought a Pixel 2 xl....