account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery Issue

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Battery Issue

Hello,

Since about 2 months, my phone's battery doesn't last half a day. It started a bit before Nougat. I thought it was a material issue and decided to use my waranty to get a new one, but the issue came back.

When I check my Battery info I get (roughly translated from french) :

Screen 20%

Phone Idle 10%

Android System 7%

And then some Apps like Facebook Messenger etc.

Is it normal and could you help me please ?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Battery Issue

Hi @Xmayn, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are having battery troubles, Slightly frowning Face.

Can you please test your phone in safe mode and see if the same issues persist?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Hi,

Since the Safe Mode is empty of any Apps, I couldn't really test it for a long time so I can't really tell...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

@Xmayn,

Did it last more than half a day though? You will still have access to the internet, phone, messaging etc, all the basics.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Hi, tested it today. It's way better in Safe Mode, like it used to be.

What should I do now ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

@Xmayn,

This indicates that a third party app is causing the issue. Unfortunately there is no easy way to find out what one. You will need to remove an app, test it, see if it is better and if not, remove another app and so on, until you find the app that is the problem.

Alternatively you can perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and reset the whole device.

Visitor
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

I see a lot of issues with this model. 

My dad bought Z5 Premium 2 days ago and  send it back cause of '' Non stop demo trailer'' on locked screen ))

I've put his phone on charge and battery was charged only +5% in 1 hour cause of "Retail trailer" and there was no way to delete this app.

But then I found some 'secret code' that u need to put to shut it down... 

I've receive about 3-4 Xperia Update request 300/500/100/60 MB 

So u need to download the update and wait 30 min for installation , and then download the new update and wait for another installation (Installation simulator 5+) I thought that it's possible to use 1 patch for update , not 4 different

I'm really respect Sony for products. I've got Bravia TV  / PS4 and I'm realy happy with that !

But , guys srsly ? Why it should be so complicated , just cause of the annoying video staff and non stop updates requests u can lose a customer.

I'm sure it's up to the customer , but also I'm totally sure I'm not the only one who get frustrated so much cause of that

Regular
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Hi, thanks but what is the code? 

Visitor
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/how-to-disable-demo-mode/td-p/787655

Lol , see ! Hope u're more stresfull than me Grinning Face

This video annoying , it would be great if this demo turns off as soon as u activate device with ur Google acc , or smt like that.

Btw ur next step is 'non-stop updates' Grinning Face

Regular
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

So, when I put this code it asks me to ACTIVATE demo mode, to set a timezone and all. 

Not sure this is what I need...