account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

BT issues on Z5 with Marshmallow 6.0

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

BT issues on Z5 with Marshmallow 6.0

Had real problems yesterday with Bluetooth - NFC doesn't seem to work, had problems getting the phone to search for bluetooth devices, only way I could get it to work was to repeatedly turn the Bluetooth off & on - Won't pair with a sony BT (SRS-BTV5) speaker at all. Had problems pairing with smartband 2 and smartwatch 3, Smart band 2 will not stay connected.

Customised DE full wipe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT issues on Z5 with Marshmallow 6.0

I'm sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

Do you still see this and have you also tried to restart the phone? I tried pairing with SRS-BTV5 here using NFC but i couldn't find anything wrong.

The SmartBand 2 may have connection issues if there's any other downloaded app that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). I'm afraid i currently don't have any other solution than to uninstall other apps that uses BLE.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I'm sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

Do you still see this and have you also tried to restart the phone? I tried pairing with SRS-BTV5 here using NFC but i couldn't find anything wrong.

The SmartBand 2 may have connection issues if there's any other downloaded app that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). I'm afraid i currently don't have any other solution than to uninstall other apps that uses BLE.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rickard,

I've done 2 factory resets and full wipes with both Customised DE MM and Customised Nordic MM, I'm about to send you the log files I've collected

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I am having the same issue. Is there a way to use the NFC to pair it? The speaker I have is Bluetooth NFC and it is a Powerbank also. I am at the end of my wits ugh. I love my Z5 Premium but for the life of me I can't understand why my $1,200 phone cannot pair up with this also top end Bluetooth Speaker and Powerbank. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated to say the least.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
JoJo70