account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

BATTERY ICON

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

BATTERY ICON

XEPERIA'S BATTERY ICON used to be the Best among all smartphones. I wish they return with previous Battery Icon (Horizontal Battery with % inside)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: BATTERY ICON

Thanks for your efforts to help. Our aim is to bring this to Notice that some goods things that made sony stand out from the crowd has been unfortunately removed. In simple words we want sony to bring back Battery icon with % inside from Lolipop and Marshmallow. That was just Superb. Also, one step has been unnecessarily increased to Turn ON/OFF mobile Data. Keep it simple and fast like Lolipop and Marshmallow.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Yap. I too liked the previous battery icon. New one is worst.

-------------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) | Xperia Z1 (C6903)
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hello everyone!

There is no setting in the phone to change how this icon looks, what you can do instead is either to remove the battery icon or remove the percentage icon, or only have the percentage being shown the phone is charging.

To do that go to Settings > Display > System icons, unmark Battery and/or Battery percentage. If you want to have the percentage only show when the phone is charging you need to enable the System UI tuner in the phone.

Drag down the status bar twice with 1 finger or drag it down once with 2 fingers. Press and hold the small gear icon in the top right corner until it starts spinning > hold it for a few more seconds and then let go. A new menu is now available in Settings of the phone called "System UI Tuner, here you will different settings for example, the status bar.

To remove System UI tuner from the Settings menu, open up the menu and tap the 3 dots > Remove from Settings.

I totally see your point so I will make sure to forward this as user feedback, do note that I can't make any promises that this will be changed. Slightly smiling Face

I wish both of you a great Friday and a great weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your efforts to help. Our aim is to bring this to Notice that some goods things that made sony stand out from the crowd has been unfortunately removed. In simple words we want sony to bring back Battery icon with % inside from Lolipop and Marshmallow. That was just Superb. Also, one step has been unnecessarily increased to Turn ON/OFF mobile Data. Keep it simple and fast like Lolipop and Marshmallow.

View solution in original post

Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Wow ... if loosing battery icon with % inside is what happens with Android 7, I'll definately avoid installing it.  Thanks for the heads up warning!

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

USA

Talent
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Xperia x range has best battery icon, I love it, hated the old ugly one ever since kitkat
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

You're welcome! Slightly smiling Face

You can also get in touch with your Local support team and leave this feedback to them as well.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Let's try this reply again 🤦🏾‍♀️ you have just saved me, I couldn't figure out how to turn off the percentage symbol and it was annoying me lol. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi @YarnaaLi, welcome to our forum! Slightly smiling Face

I'm glad to hear that you found the answer helpful and that you now can see the battery percentage again!

Have a nice day and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!