account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone updated to 32.3.A.0.378?

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 21 of 30
Message 21 of 30

Re: Would you recommend upgrading to Nougat?

With or Without Stamina/Ultra Stamina?

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 22 of 30
Message 22 of 30

No, I'd wait for the bug fixes. There are currently some problems with the Z5 nougat release. 

*Battery drain with bluetooth enabled. For me in a day it spent about 40% more of the total battery just by having bluetooth on, not even connected to anything. 

* Wifi getting stuck authenticating if you have wifi on, leave the wifi area and re-enter the wifi zone.(like wifi at home, go to work, then come back in the evening and it won't auto sign in). Solution here is to go in/out of airplane mode to reset the wifi. 

But, If you don't mind these problems the rest of the os is nice. I like the extra column of icons I can have on the z5 premium now + the quick app switch.

Message 23 of 30
Message 23 of 30

@NeoBeum wrote:

With or Without Stamina/Ultra Stamina?

Without.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 30
Message 24 of 30

Phone idle and Google Services battery drain

Hello. I really like Nougat so far – apart from the annoying notification block every time I enable or disable mobile data. However, Phone Idle and Google Play Services are both draining my battery severely. I installed using Xperia companion and did a factory reset. On Marshmallow, my battery life lasted a day. On Nougat, it says expected battery life of around 13 hours, which is not good enough. Why are those two things draining my battery so badly?
Message 25 of 30
Message 25 of 30

Re: Phone idle and Google Services battery drain

@mrmetacrisis

Some users reported it's related to Bluetooth and/or location (GPS). Try to test with both of them switched off if they are not in use. Hopefully, a fix will be released to address this.

I also read that clearing cached data of Google Play Services and uninstalling its updates (then updating it later) can make things better.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 26 of 30
Message 26 of 30

Re: Anyone updated to 32.3.A.0.378?

I also get the Bluetooth error. When making a call, the ring tone can be heard in the bluetooth headset. When the call is answered, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. When, during the call I switch to phone's speaker a d then back to bluetooth, my bluetooth headset works as exlected.

Annoying. Where can we report these bugs anyway?
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 30
Message 27 of 30

Re: Phone idle and Google Services battery drain

I tried your tip with Google Play Services and the battery usage for that has dropped significantly, so thank you. 

Phone idle is still draining my battery life, though. It's consistently at the top of my battery chart. It's a shame because I like Nougat for the most part, but it's getting a bit tiresome to be told battery life will improve with Android updates only to have your battery life suffer immediately after – no matter how you install. 

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 30
Message 28 of 30

Looks like 32.3.A.0.378 is a Carrier Only Update

2.png1.png

-------------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) | Xperia Z1 (C6903)
One time poster
Message 29 of 30
Message 29 of 30

Sony Xperia Z5 Series, Android 7.0 Nougat, IMPROVEMENTS, ISSUES AND COMMENTS

Hello! This is what i have found on a new 7.0 update.

IMPROVEMENTS:
1. Multi-window support, working with two apps at the same time, this is great.
2. Longer battery life.
3. Auto rotation for desktop and app drawer. Excellent.
4. Added option in call equalizer, now it's possible to choose from normal, bright and smooth.
5. Status bar is accessible from a lock screen. Also editing status bar is great.
6. New and more strict app permissions to allow/disallow is good.
7. Audio setup is excellent. The sound is great. If using 3rd party players... The bass is really kicking the whole phone on the back.
8. Anyway, overall usability is much better.

ISSUES, at least for my Z5 Compact are:
1. The flashlight brightness isn't increased (for non-rooted users).
2. When setting an option in call equalizer to smooth it always resets to normal. So usable are normal or bright, smooth doesn't work!
3. The new system offten can't remember almost more than 50% of choosen settings. This is really annoying and on the bottom line it makes no sense. One example is notification sound for messages and so. After choosing a desired ringtone, the default sound is always restored back.
4. Some lags based on a phone interface, especially for a touch screen.
5. The main phone settings are crashing sometimes with no reason.
6. Unfortunately... From Android 5.1.1 stock version to this new 7.0, software support is very bad in most situations. Lots of apps are crashing. Camera software and setup could be better.
7. When SystemUI Tuner is unlocked by holding a setting cog on status bar. Adjusted settings are always reseting. This is anoying.
8. In the main settings, users, User picture doesn't appear when choosen from gallery. This bug remains since 6.0 Marshmallow.
9. Camera lens still produce soft photos around the corners. This is because of a wide apperture, which isn't adjustable on smartphones and depth of field is shallow. Bad, but a smartphone with adjustable apperture would cost a fortune.
10. Lots of noise in photos in 80% of a case. Sensor of a 1/2.3" size is usable up to let's say 10 meters max. Except lots of noise, if we ignore this, camera produces very precise colors with good saturation and contrast.
11. Unfortunately... From Android 5.1.1 stock version to this new 7.0, software support is very bad. Lots of apps are crashing. Camera software and setup could be better.
COMMENTS:
It also goes for X Series and XZ Xperia. 23mp resolution is useless for a such small sensor. For a sensor of that size, 10mp is enough, even less. Sensor size plays the most important role of a photo quality. Also larger sensors are better in low light, much less noise, distortion etc... No matter how advanced camera technology is built in a new Xperia models, if Sony makes a bigger sensors for Xperias, like in Sony RX cameras, it would make a big difference. Bigger sensor would be great. One inch for example will be superb in a phone. Not the largest one, but definitely not to small. Sensor of this size is built in a many advanced compact cameras. Just like Panasonic did with a smartphone Lumix CM1 model, but on the other side it has really poor hardware. 1 inch sensor in Xperias... This is what makes a big step up in a smartphone photography. Sounds great Slightly smiling Face. I hope Sony will consider about putting a larger sensors.
This is it for now. Just to let you know.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 30 of 30
Message 30 of 30

Same problem here. Works if you disable wifi.... :-/