account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Antivirus software for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Antivirus software for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Good morning, kindly let me know what antivirus software is most compatible and user friendly not to mention free.....for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium phone!

I currently used CM Security and Clean Master on my Sony Xperia Z2......looking forward for your views.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

Re: Antivirus software for Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

I would suggest to use Avast antivirus for mobile. Its quite compatible with Xperia z5. I myself use it. It blocks most of the threats.
20 REPLIES 20
Emperor
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

@Pretigalie

You don't quite need an antivirus app on your phone, it drain the battery like crazy but that's my opinion. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Thanks.

But what about opening emails etc i dont want to infect my phone.....i dont install anything other than from play store but i browse and use my enails alot!!!

You think it will still be fine????
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I agree with uliwooly, I don't have an antivirus either, as long as you download apps from the playstore (or safe places for that matter) you shouldn't be too worried, when I suspect something might not be right on my cellphone I install Lookout , run it once just to see if everything is fine, and then uninstall it.

Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Ok thanks i will keep that in mind as well....
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

@Pretigalie wrote:

I currently used CM Security and Clean Master on my Sony Xperia Z2

Thanks.

Are they those P.O.S. Cloned apps in the Play store that has the year on a banner in the icon? Literally copies of copies flooding the market with the same rocketship painted in a different colour and the window moved 5 pixels for variation? They're up there for my hate along with GO Launcher, Facebook, Ad Sense and Bit Torrent selling the same app with a different name for a higher price, Always Online DRM for Single Player Games, Internet Reviews, IGN and Kim Kardashian

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

@Pretigalie wrote:
Good morning, kindly let me know what antivirus software is most compatible and user friendly not to mention free.....for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium phone!

I currently used CM Security and Clean Master on my Sony Xperia Z2......looking forward for your views.

Thanks.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security for Android. It's free antivirus with premium (paid) features. I have Premium version with full features.

PLUS:

1. It's really reliable, sturdy.

2. Don't stopping smartphone, working silence in background

3. Have a lot of needed features like: Block unwanted sms or calls, anti-thieft, protecting web browser and ect.

MINUS:

1. Premium features is paid

2. Can block Stamina mode, that's mean can drain really fast battery

FINDINGS: I think it's the best antivirus for PC/Android with full package tools with can help you to protect your device from milware, pushing, virus or get back if you lost your device or was stolen... You can block unwanted calls/sms, to hide sms or calls from others eyes and ect. So if you don't afraid to charge often your smartphone don't hesistate to install it. It's much better my opinion neither CM Antivirus and ect. I have Kaspersky a lot of time (much more than year or two) and never had pity Slightly smiling Face Yes battery darining fast, but battery drain without Kaspersky fast too, so what is better to be protected or to have full battery with maybe a lot of milwares, virus and ect? Slightly smiling Face

GOOD NEWS: If you don't want to waste your money without test, so i have good news for you - you can try 30 days full package without any expenses Slightly smiling Face So you can try it for free 30 days and you will see how good is it Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

@uliwooly wrote:

@Pretigalie

You don't quite need an antivirus app on your phone, it drain the battery like crazy but that's my opinion. 

I disagree with you, antivirus draining battery the same as some apps or games, but to be protected it's important at these days - plus lost smartphone probability, virus and ect. I satisfied myself virus can be everythere. So to be protected is important Slightly smiling Face Can you be sure always that your friends in Facebook will send you files without virus? Also i read that for Android already are created a lot of virus, smartphone at these days became like mini computer, so it's important to have antivirus Slightly smiling Face That you don't have antivirus that's doesn't mean that you don't have virus Slightly smiling Face

Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

Thanks alot for your advice!
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

@Pretigalie wrote:
Thanks alot for your advice!

Welcome Winking Face