account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Enthusiast
Message 181 of 280
Message 181 of 280

Re: Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Stamina mode is making a comeback, as to when i cant be sure. http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/04/14/stamina-battery-mode-is-returning-on-marshmallow-confirmed/

Looks like we just need to hold out, and wait for an update. As far as i know it is in beta on select Z3 devices.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/05/13/sonys-stamina-mode-returns-in-beta-marshmallow-update-but-wi...

Adviser
Message 182 of 280
Message 182 of 280

Both these are 404
Not available, kindly update the correct one.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 183 of 280
Message 183 of 280

That is very odd.. i cant view it with that posted link. Yet its exactly the same url as i have right in front of me now. :/

Anyhow, if you search google for mm stamina mode its literaly the first link.

Not sure why they dont work.

Message 184 of 280
Message 184 of 280

There's a " at the end of the URL - remove that & the link works. 

Glad that you've posted that, I have just upgraded to a new Xperia Z5 (from the Z1), and let it do all the updates it wanted to do; then discovered that I hadn't got stamina mode, something I'd very much liked in the Z1. 

So, glad to see it's coming back. 

For the time being, from what I have read, is it best to activate "saving" but not "doze", if you want it to not use battery etc, while it's in your bag, but not actually being used?? That's the impression I got from the first page of this thread. But, I didn't read all the intervening pages .... 

JNP
Visitor
Message 185 of 280
Message 185 of 280

I have been a Sony mobile phone user since the age of Sony CMD-J5 (year 2000). However, I have started thinking may be its time to switch; primarily because Sony is not clear about their marketing and customer support strategy.  First, they have been dropping not-so-old models from newer versions of Android way too early.  Secondarily, they have been removing some of their block-buster features like the one in this thread.  I see a lack of farsightedness.  What I do not understand, why is it taking them so long to put this feature back to the entire population, regardless of region customers are in?  Why only BETA Program Users?

Enthusiast
Message 186 of 280
Message 186 of 280

Why everyone is so obsessed with stamina mode? Whats the point buying high end performance phone and strict it's performance by software?
Enthusiast
Message 187 of 280
Message 187 of 280

Stamina mode didnt really restrict performance. You could, there was a setting for that. And if you did you could potentialy go a week without charging. (Tested myself)

But the main thing with stamina mode was it turned apps and other functions off when the screen was off. Only apps you wanted active during stamina would run. (Apart from key android processes) The moment you unlock your phone, that performance was ready and waiting. So when your not using it, battery would last much longer. Even if you yourself was moving about. Where as Doze only becomes active when your phone is stationary for a set amount of time. The moment you pick it up, doze gets canceld.

Enthusiast
Message 188 of 280
Message 188 of 280

Then use the greenify. It does the same things above plus you can set agressive doze. Going week with phone is like saving gasoline by not using car and claims the car is very low fuel consumption.

Open a navigation in stamina mode and see how quickly your phone become out of battery. Believe me there really are few parts in your phone to save battery. Screen, tx/rx(any type of radio) and cpu.

For the screen we need better technologies. So lets skip that for now. ( btw 720p screen is the most helping you to achieve a "week" with single charge but nvm)

Restricting cpu performance is one way , and windowing tx/rx is the other what stamina is really do. So setting for aggressive doze is a good candidate and may be all you need. By the way do not always assume that halting a process when device is locked is a good thing all the time. It is not.
Message 189 of 280
Message 189 of 280

yesterday i was update to last build (185)

acutaly its not bad at all...

my device battery lost only 2% after 8hours (about  1-2% every 4 hours)

almost  like stamina\even ultra (data\wifi was off)

Facebook and whatsapp was disabled (ultra mode also do this even ultra disable more so im happy with battery life)

One time poster
Message 190 of 280
Message 190 of 280

edit... Rolling my phone back to lollipop.