account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

One time poster
Message 171 of 280
Message 171 of 280

Re: Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

To remove a feature such as Stamina Mode that was marketed to consumers as a major selling point is fraudulent and deceitful. Doze is not as effective as Stamina Mode.
Sony could have let us all know that MM would remove Stamina Mode. I, like you all get notifications from Sony all the time regarding updates, Privilege +, and Experia Lounge. Why could they not send out an advisory?

I am very disappointed. Phone has gone from 100 to 63 % on the battery in six hours. ( yes apps have been optimized using new ' feature ' )

They better fix this.

Not cool Sony. Not cool at all.
One time poster
Message 172 of 280
Message 172 of 280

I disagree, ihad my phone on charge while I did the update which ended 25 mins ago, I took the charger out of my phone 20 mins ago at 100% and I'm now on 84% - if I hadnt updated I'd be on 98%
Inhabitant
Message 173 of 280
Message 173 of 280

The first battery use after an update is not representative. Probably it is scanning your entire phone for music. Nevertheless, almost everyone is having reduced battery life after the update. I rolled back to lollipop for that reason. Even though doze mode can be configured to be more aggressive on marshmallow, it did not prevent wake locks in google services from draining my battery.

In any case Sony has confirmed that stamina mode will be back (see earlier posts in this thread).
The NTT firmware that uses the term stamina mode to refer to battery saving mode is unrelated to this, and looks more like an attempt by NTT to hide the fact that stamina was removed.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 174 of 280
Message 174 of 280

Putting my hat in the ring.

MM's "Doze" is good, but not why i got a sony phone. Stamina mode is far better. At least it was until sony removed it.

Doze, as far as i understand only kicks in if the phone isnt used for more than half an hour. If the phone is moving/being used in any way, in my pocket/car etc its absolutly useless.

http://www.androidcentral.com/inside-marshmallow-what-doze-how-do-i-use-it-and-what-does-it-do

"You won't have to do anything to use the new Doze feature. There are no switches or settings you need to toggle, and once you've updated to Marshmallow it just works. That is, when it's supposed to work.

And that's the thing. You won't see any benefit from Doze while your phone is in your pocket and you're working or at school. Things need to be idle, and that means really idle.

For Doze to kick in, your phone needs to be sitting still with the screen off, and not connected to a charger. That means no moving around and nudging the gyro or other motion sensors, no touching the screen or the buttons and no waving your hand around in front of it if you're using a phone like the new phones from Motorola that have motion detection on the front bezel. Set it down, and leave it alone."

I get about the same amount of battery without stamina on lolipop, as i do on MM with doze.

Adviser
Message 175 of 280
Message 175 of 280

Hi to all,
Let's make things clear.

Doze mode:
1. It only works when your phone is stationery and untouched that means if you are walking with your phone screen locked than doze will not optimize the battery. Basically it uses accelerometer to detect the motion and hence it takes a little more power.
2. Yes, you can select which all apps you want to optimize for battery savings.

STAMINA MODE:
1. It works even when you are walking with the screen locked.
2. You can also select the apps that you want to keep out of power saving like whatsapp.

Verdict:
According to me stamina mode is better.
1. As it works even when the phone is not stationery.
2. It doesn't use accelerometer so it saves power on that too.

For me stamina mode works better than doze.

Keep your views posted...
One time poster
Message 176 of 280
Message 176 of 280

There is no comparison between the two. From what I have read about "Doze" it only comes into affect when the device has been stationary for at least twenty minutes. I have my Z5 in my pocket all day from approximately 6am (i.e not stationary all day). With "Stamina mode" there would be 50% plus charge left at 6pm. With Doze I have gone close to a dead battery by 6pm. I have no way of charging my phone through the day. This is one of the reasons I bought a Z5. I am guessing there shouldn't be any inappropriate language used in this discussion group which doesn't bother me to much because I've used plenty about "Stamina mode" being dropped. Might have to pass my Z5 on and go shopping for a Samsung, or is that a naughty word as well

Learner
Message 177 of 280
Message 177 of 280

Does Sony care our feedback? I'm looking forward their update. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 178 of 280
Message 178 of 280

I just saw there was an update for the Sony Marshmallow for my Xperia Z3+ and I didn't know they will ERASE the Stamina mode completely out of the phone.... So I have just update it... (I WOULD not If I knew that will happen) 

Now My phone has much less Options... And I really I don't like it. 

1. I can't select the Strength of Vibrations for my keyboard as I used to have it on very low... 
2. I hate the Only option for Battery saver.. It is either ON (and my screen is going to Low Brightness Which I cannot adjust afterwards) and the Keyboard has no feedback.. 
3. I really hate it. Face with stuck-out Tongue 

But seriously, I am really looking forward to get back some of these options... There's so many people that I know and they are using phones (I have asked them after I have updated my phone) they don't like it either... 

Shame... Was really good. No need for Unneccesary upgrades... 

Adviser
Message 179 of 280
Message 179 of 280

Missing stamina mode please make it available in the app store doze mode not working when phone in pocket walking around town. Phone will not last a day, any solutions. Also fingerprint scanner is asleep and I have to login with password. And after a minute of using the phone the finger print scanner works and pops up on the screen so that's a one minute lag. Must be related to the new power saving mode doze not happy
One time poster
Message 180 of 280
Message 180 of 280

Phone. Battery reallt bad after update

After the update to whatever version is now available they took away stamina mode. Stamina mode allowed my battery to last an entire day even with me using it at university for downloads etc. Now since that has been taken away my phone barely lasts half a day without me doing what i usually do on it. And no it's not because of wear and tear of the battery since this phone was bought two weeks ago and then i updated it and then the battery just stopped being effective. And rhe battery saver mode only works if my phone does Nothing wheras stamina was always effective on both this phone and my normal Z. I'm really disappointed and was looking forward to the new update and I'm really upset that i updated in the first place.