account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

One time poster
Message 111 of 280
Message 111 of 280

Power management tab disappeared after update

I bought the Z5 premium yesterday and right after it made the update the power management tab doesn't appear anymore
Message 112 of 280
Message 112 of 280

Re: Power management tab disappeared after update

@Fm991

That's because Stamina mode has been tomporarily removed, you can still find the rest of power options in "Battery Usage" tab.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adept
Message 113 of 280
Message 113 of 280

Re: Power management tab disappeared after update

There's nothing temporary about the Stamina removal, Doze replaces it. I'd still prefer to have the option to disable Doze entirely, and get back Stamina, due to the lower customisability...

One time poster
Message 114 of 280
Message 114 of 280

Re: Stamina Mode's icon gone o.o

My stamina mode totally disappeared on my Z5 premium, not even to be found in the settings. What happened and how could I get it back?
Adept
Message 115 of 280
Message 115 of 280

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Google has rolled out a feature called Doze with Android 6 Marshmallow, which is conceptually similar to Sony's Stamina mode. Hence Sony has removed Stamina mode from their Android 6 deployments, because it would seem to be redundant functionality, and I assume also to prevent the two features from interfering with each other.

You can find some settings for this new mode in Settings > Battery > Battery optimisation, although it doesn't reach the level of configuration that was available in Stamina mode.

Inhabitant
Message 116 of 280
Message 116 of 280

You can configure doze mode to be more aggressive and ignore location sensitivity if you connect your phone to a pc and use the correct adb commands as I explained in a previous post. Others have had a lot of success with this on other phones. However in my case I ran into wakelock issues with google services causing battery drain. Hopefully issues that will be addressed in later android versions (if not already in 6.0.1). For now, I have reverted to lollipop and I will wait until we get some more positive reports on marshmallow for the xperia.  I think Doze can work as well as Stamina mode but then Doze needs to kick in shortly after screen off and shouild ignore motion of the phone, and of course there shouldn't be wakelock issues. 

Visitor
Message 117 of 280
Message 117 of 280

Re: Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

After several weeks of normal usage it is very clear to me that the "Doze"+"Battery Saver" solution  is definitely inferior to Stamina, at least for my requirements.
1. the battery drains faster than with Stamina. Worst of it is listening to music which uses twice as much energy compared to before. Standby battery consumption is also clearly higher.
2. Battery Saver dims the screen brightness and visibly hampers phone functionality while screen is active.
3. Battery Saver fills the notification area with the useless "Battery Saver is on/Turn off the Battery saver" message which is impossible to remove and a constant nuisance.

Yes, I was using Stamina permanently. It was unobtrusive enough, I was getting a good performance out of the phone and great battery life which was important to me. In comparison I find this Battery Saver function is not only less efficient but also more invasive and doing its best to make me turn it off. 

I kindly but firmly request that Stamina Mode be reinstated with its original functionality as soon as possible, thank you.

P.

Sony Xperia user since 2012, currently Z5c owner.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 118 of 280
Message 118 of 280

Hi guys
After updating MM 9n my z5 dual following issues occurring

Mobile heating
Battery draining
Mobile hanging
Stamina & Ultra Stamina mode missing

Adviser
Message 119 of 280
Message 119 of 280

Re: Z5 So annoyed !!!

Hi sorry no reply.

no phone so had to loan a pc.....sure you have seen other similar posts now wish had never upgraded but never mind will wait to see after repair not holding up to much hope..even now considering biting the bulet and moving to another manufaturer as lost confidence in Sony after years of a user !!!

One time poster
Message 120 of 280
Message 120 of 280

Z5 Premium is my first ever SonyXperia Phone and i bought it because of its promised of 2days battery life with the use of STAMINA AND ULTRA STAMINA MODE. At first i am very satisfied in my device and even if i travel for 5hrs the battery is in good percentage no draining since i just use it oftern while on travel. Then it came the Andriod 6.0 MM update i immediately update to it because of the promised of better speed and features not knowing that the best feature of Sony Z5 Premium is not available anymore.

After that I start to noticed the differences in battery performance since I always on-the-go for internet at home at night the battery was draining fast even if Andriod 6.0 MM has its "DOZE mode". Hopefully sony will get back the Stamina mode  & Ultra Stamina mode for us the sony users. We're much more happy if they do.          Lastly, i am not Impressed with "DOZE Mode" of MM.