account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Message 11 of 280
Message 11 of 280

Re: Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Mm is much better on battery life IMHO.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 12 of 280
Message 12 of 280

Just checked,
20% battery left, 5hr15 of screen on.
Heavy browser use, and a mix of 70%WiFi 30% 4G

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 13 of 280
Message 13 of 280

Well i left a link so people could read for them self what Doze do and don´t, too much work to read it´s okay.

With Stamina you tell which apps can run, use network and give you notification, and when you lock the screen Stamina mode is active regardless of what you do.

With Doze the phone ned to be stationary for about 30 minutes then Doze kicks in and they really mean stationary if you have motion sensor in front like Motorola you have to put it front down, and it´s only apps that use high-priority notifications via Google Cloud Messaging that can give you any notification when the phone is in Doze mode so google is in charge of what can disturb you not you.

You have Battery Optimization and that’s good but we already have that in our phone today.

While Doze and Battery Optimization is a good start, Stamina is miles ahead. 

It´s not bad but i like to decide for myself which apps i want to run.

Sage
Message 14 of 280
Message 14 of 280

+1 for stamina.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 280
Message 15 of 280

Yea stamina mode is better..
Regular
Message 16 of 280
Message 16 of 280

Stamina mode has gone after Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update

I just updated my Xperia Z5 compact with Android 6.0 but Sony's most important function stamina mode has gone, I want my stamina mode back. I have used optimum settings for battery (doze mode), in my opinion the stamina mode has better battery performance, after android 6.0 update the battery drains faster without stamina mode, so Sony, please give me my stamina mode back...

Regular
Message 17 of 280
Message 17 of 280

I agree, in lollipop with stamina mode my phone goes longer battery life with same apps, after marshmallow update battery drains faster and what about ultra stamina mode (7/10 days) vs. doze mode?

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 280
Message 18 of 280

after 03 day of Mashmallow ;i can confirm stamina mode much better than Doze mode

Adviser
Message 19 of 280
Message 19 of 280

Re: Stamina mode has gone after Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update

Stamina and Ultra Stamina modes are both missing. These Sony developed power management options are the key reason I purchased Z5 Premium after reading about it in their product guide and videos i.e. 2-day battery life. Defaulting to native Doze mode (as a replacement for Stamina and Ultra Stamina mode) is absolutely unacceptable. Sony must keep its brand promise and product feature claims.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 20 of 280
Message 20 of 280

I get something like 2 h 30 minutes screen on time with Android 6